What is the best SEO tactics for the subpages of the site?

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
vasperm

What is the best SEO tactics for the subpages of the site?

Postby vasperm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:44 am

I doing SEO for a large site (20+ pages). What are the best practices in regards to the sub-pages of the site? Should I put keywords for sub-pages, and if yes how similar can they be to my home page keywords? What about description and page title, how long should those be and how similar to the home page? Is there anything else that can be done for SEO optimization?

KrazyG

Postby KrazyG » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:39 pm

It would be better if you have your keywords on your sub-pages. Just don't stuff all your keywords over and over because it may cause Keyword Stuffing.

As for the page title, you can setup an xml file on your site and incorporate it on your website.

vasperm

Postby vasperm » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Thank you sir, it's helpful with me.

sweeternie

Postby sweeternie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 am

so is it safe to say that for example in social bookmarking you link an internal page and not the homepage? should that be the right way to do if you want your internal pages to rank? thanks
online forex trading platform

ChiefLee

Postby ChiefLee » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Good content on site. Optimize with your keywords. Then article syndication with anchor text to your deeper pages is effective.

myndconsulting
Location: Unit 5, G/F, Landco Corporate Center, Bajada, Davao City, Philippines

Postby myndconsulting » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:29 am

Don't repeat your home page title across your sub-pages. Make every page title unique.

Just use your targeted keywords on all your sub-pages.

therence

Postby therence » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 am

Subpages comes with different content and categories. If you have a site containing products with different variety, organize every pages depending on the category and choose the best title for every pages that matches to the pages content and don't overused those keywords in all pages.
www.hide-my-ip.com - Mask IP, protect your privacy and cover your tracks!

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 am

From what I understand, each sub-page should be themed around a certain keyword that you want to optimize. Thus, you have multiple pages optimizing for different keywords and search engines do not think you are just spamming to get a higher page rank.

ursulavernon

Postby ursulavernon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:55 am

Well first of all you have to made some plan that on which keyword you want to see your site on top of the google, then make sure that those keywords are present in page title and also in content too, and also make sure that you link them to from your home page, because mostly they get importance from Your home page, And after that you can use forum posting article writing and also you can create some free blog on wordpress or blog spot, and write there review about your that page or that product that is present there , Blog Commenting also can help you but remember don't spam for blog commenting and also for forum posting too,

Return to “SEO Forum”