PageRank 7 Anyone?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Edgar

PageRank 7 Anyone?

Postby Edgar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:46 am

Anyone here have a website with a pagerank of 7 or higher?

If so, could you post the url and let us know a thing or two about how you optimized your site.
Last edited by Edgar on Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EdgarXP[at]Gmail.com

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:57 pm

I am guessing that no one here on these forums has a website with a pagerank of 7 or higher. :roll:

ebugs

interesting info

Postby ebugs » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:08 pm

I really wish i had a seven pr, but there is one thing i cant figure out about the google mystery. I had 9 keywords in the top ten related to p0ker. These were on msn, yahoo, and altavista. My pr was 6..but i thought i could do better, so i "remodeled". Big mistake, immediately my pr was 0, all my incoming links were the same, just a very minor tweaking of the same page. Within 2 weeks i climbed 2-3 more spots with the others, but my pr only came up to 2 and has been stuck there ever since. This was 2 months ago. Anyone have any suggestions?Also, this is my first post here as i'm a new member, if i posted this in the wrong place i apologize. I've never used forums before

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:22 pm

The PR is mainly related to your incoming links, not your content. Chances are you had a one or more links from high PR sites that were removed around the same time you made your content changes.

However, your internal linking structure, might have a slight effect on your pages PR, but mostly it will effect your internal pages, not your main page. For example, let;' says your main page is PR5. If your main page is linking to 5 of your subpages, but those 5 subpages are not linking to each other, the PR of each subpage may end up to be 4. However, if you link every single subpage to each other, now all your pages will have PR of 5. Th idea is that you want to have as many links to the most important pages of your site as possible and little links to the pages that are not as important. That way those pages that are mor eimportant will have a higher value or PR.

One other possibility is that your site's PR was slighly penalized because of the type of content you have. I have noticed that normally adult sites have a lower PR compared to non-adult sites, for similar sites having the same number of links. This could be true for cas1n0 sites as well. So chances are that Google might have decided to penalize you because of your cas1n0 related content.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:45 pm

Thanks for everyones reply on this subject and welcome to the forums ebugs 8)

bitwizer

try to get as many links as you can

Postby bitwizer » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:19 pm

Try to get as many links as you can
:lol:

Jiskha

Jiskha Homework Help

Postby Jiskha » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:50 am

My homework help website has a high rank.

http://www.jiskha.com

aconstas1

Postby aconstas1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:51 pm

Keep in mind that PR is not everything. You can have PR 7 and have no traffic to your site. You can have PR 0 and be in Alexa top 100,000 and make millions per year. The majority of your links are probably still there even though you changed your content some, so more than likely you're not losing much traffic due to the loss of PR.

imranahmed

Postby imranahmed » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:17 pm

aconstas1 wrote:Keep in mind that PR is not everything. You can have PR 7 and have no traffic to your site. You can have PR 0 and be in Alexa top 100,000 and make millions per year. The majority of your links are probably still there even though you changed your content some, so more than likely you're not losing much traffic due to the loss of PR.

Hi, I have seen this with few website. They have no page rank and their alexa ranking is very high. How is this. can someone explain. thanks

aconstas1

Postby aconstas1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:27 pm

imranahmed wrote:
aconstas1 wrote:Keep in mind that PR is not everything. You can have PR 7 and have no traffic to your site. You can have PR 0 and be in Alexa top 100,000 and make millions per year. The majority of your links are probably still there even though you changed your content some, so more than likely you're not losing much traffic due to the loss of PR.

Hi, I have seen this with few website. They have no page rank and their alexa ranking is very high. How is this. can someone explain. thanks

sure Alexa ranks the traffic to your site. PR is a rank of alot of stuff. You can theoretically have a poorly optimized site, few backlinks, and be a new site, but still have loads of traffic, because you have the RIGHT backlinks, or good advertising.

Picture a p0ker web site. It could be new so have poor PR, it could be poorly designed and not SEO friendly giving it poor PR, and it could only a couple of backlinks, BUT it spent millions in advertising in a p0ker magazine or on TV and have TONS of visitors as a result. It gets a good Alexa ranking with 0 PR.

This is just one theoretical instance, but im sure you can see there are more possibilities.

peterko

Google Page Rank

Postby peterko » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:30 pm

spent millions in advertising in a p0ker magazine or on TV and have TONS of visitors as a result. It gets a good Alexa ranking with 0 PR.

But what if you don't have those millions to advertise your site and you still want to have good SEs listing with a big numbers of visitors, then you have no other choices than improving PR. The better SERP the bigger number of potential visitors you might attract. So, I think it's wise to work on getting higher PR anyway. I wish you one day to have those millions and it will be a big help.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Eavesy

Postby Eavesy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 pm

PR is not everything as Submitexpress said it can be got by getting high PR links, this site has a true PR7 and I would say it was close to an 8, you need votes to rank, 1 PR8 site will not get you good rankings but 100's of 1-4's can.
Owner of The SEO Company

easycash81

Postby easycash81 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:10 am

Build some nice content . submit to article directories. have a back link to your website and u will get a good PR
[Double URL's removed for spam. Please see our terms & Policies. Post only one link per message - ADMIN]

wuzhong

Postby wuzhong » Tue May 22, 2007 6:00 am

I think it needs much time to get PR 7.

Return to “Google”