Need help with NetObjects Fusion

Please only post Search Engine and Webmaster Related stuff.
dannyew

Postby dannyew » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi,
I just recently took over my web site because I wanted more flexibility with monetizing the site, testing, etc. So, I started out with the template of my site that the previous webmaster sent me. I deleted all the pages except the welcome page and started from there.

On the MasterBorder in SiteView I changed the Meta Description. However, it continues to show the old description as well as the new in the HTML Source view. I had asked the previous webmaster why the description that Google was picking up was one from a couple of years ago. He said he could not get it to delete. At the time I hadn't worked with NOF so I didn't know what to say.

Although I haven't published my new site yet, I can see the old description in the HTML Source . This is what is shown.

</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<META NAME="description"
CONTENT=OLD DESCRIPTION SHOWS UP HERE">

It is in gray in HTML Source. So it can't be edited there. The new description that I input shows up further down after the other items you can input in the Meta tags box, such as copyright, author, etc.

Does anyone know how to make the old description go away? If I don't, Google will pick up the "first" description it comes to, which will be the old one.

I appreciate any help I can get o this.
Thanks.
Dannye

thusharaherath

Postby thusharaherath » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:38 am

Did you open your HTML code using dreamweaver? In dreamweaver, it can lock the source code. So, people can't make any changes without unlock it. Just try to unlock the code and modify the Meta Description. If you are unable to do it, just open the HTML code in notepad. Then you can make any changes to your HTML code.

dannyew

Postby dannyew » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:47 pm

I don't have Dreamweaver. How do you open the HTML code in Notepad?
If I have the site open in NetObjects Fusion, I can click on the HTML Source tab to see the code. That's all I know about interacting with it directly. I use the design element of the software to lay out the site.
Please tell me how to do what you suggested.
Dannye

thusharaherath

Postby thusharaherath » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 am

If you can see the HTML code just copy and paste it in the notepad. And find where your Meta Description is, and replace it with the new Meta Description. Then you can upload that file to the server.

dannyew

Good news and bad news

Postby dannyew » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:09 am

I finally got an answer from NOF about this. It seems that when you update your software to a newer version that the meta tags often become part of the NOF generated HTML (for lack of a better way to describe it). The only solutions are to upload a manually generated HTML code each time I update my site OR to redo it from scratch. I chose the later and am in process.
Thanks for your feedback!
Dannye

Return to “Everything Else”