What's the BEST way of getting traffic?

Please only post Search Engine and Webmaster Related stuff.
aira

What's the BEST way of getting traffic?

Postby aira » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:03 am

What's the most effective way in getting traffic to a site? Is it
a) Blog Writing
b) Article Writing
c) Forum Postings
d) Paid Advertising
e) Promotional Ads
f) Link Baiting
g) Social Bookmarkings or
h) Linking to quality sites ? WHY?

ben_tambling

Postby ben_tambling » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:10 pm

for me its the link bait..... creating very interesting articles related to your site can be the gateway to get traffics from your site...

peterko

Postby peterko » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:34 pm

ben_tambling wrote:for me its the link bait..... creating very interesting articles related to your site can be the gateway to get traffics from your site...

Link baiting is good for me too. Blog writing usually take longer to get indexed.
For example, my latest blog http://supreme-clothing.blogspot.com/ was posted about tree weeks ago and still not indexed, no matter that it's from "blogspot.com"

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

wuzhong

Postby wuzhong » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:29 pm

It is really a good way to get more visitors by writing articles.

weblaunchphxx

Postby weblaunchphxx » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:16 am

Link bait is good to get trafic but you also write some good articles it will also help.

peterko

Article writing

Postby peterko » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:42 pm

weblaunchphxx wrote:Link bait is good to get trafic but you also write some good articles it will also help.

I just curious, everyone say about writing articles. What kind of benefits the article do? Do they help to raise PR, or help to attract targeted customers? It's so many articles around on almost every subgect, we are facing the same competition as between the websites. And it has to be a really good article (like a really good website) to attract customers. So, probably it's not even easy to post article on really good article site. Does any one know really good article site, for example for the subject of shopping? Help is very appreciated.

Have a great day,
Peter

weblaunchphxx

Re: Article writing

Postby weblaunchphxx » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:41 am

peterko wrote:
weblaunchphxx wrote:Link bait is good to get trafic but you also write some good articles it will also help.

I just curious, everyone say about writing articles. What kind of benefits the article do? Do they help to raise PR, or help to attract targeted customers? It's so many articles around on almost every subgect, we are facing the same competition as between the websites. And it has to be a really good article (like a really good website) to attract customers. So, probably it's not even easy to post article on really good article site. Does any one know really good article site, for example for the subject of shopping? Help is very appreciated.

Have a great day,
Peter

Great there are many good article site:
articledashboard.com
ideamarketers.com
articlecity.com
articlealley.com
goarticles.com
isnare.com
e-topic.com
elib.org/articles
articlesfactory.com

guinanie

Postby guinanie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 am

You can get traffic through forum posting, blogging and social bookmarking.

kockums

widget????

Postby kockums » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:06 pm

regarding my experience
vo.gs

peterko

Traffic from the forum

Postby peterko » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:25 pm

guinanie wrote:You can get traffic through forum posting, blogging and social bookmarking.

Yes, you can get SOME traffic through the forums (most cases it's not targeted traffic). You will get some traffic only if your forum signature contains the information related to the forum theme, otherwise you have to convince forum members to visit your site.

For example, I participate in this particular forum "Submit Express SEO Forum". It has nothing to do with the theme of my website "supreme clothing" or "brand name products with discount coupons and promotional code". I wonder, how I can get really good traffic from this forum, I don't know? The only thing I can do is to ask our forum members to look at my site (you can find it in my signature) to see how good it is in terms of design and SEO, but this is not targeted trafic.
Of caurse, I would very appreciate if someone try it and get the benefits from it, I would be happy if you do that, but this will look as advertising and this is complitelly differen story.

Have a great day,
Peter

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:24 pm

Agree to peter, when you say you can gather traffic through forums posting, you should participate to related forums site. There's a big possibilities that you're signature will be viewed by other forums posters because you both shared same ideas, concept and views.. and remember that forums has a huge amount of traffic came from the searchers, the searchers may also think that your signature will be useful to them.

redblush

Postby redblush » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Link baiting & social bookmarking.. coz it generates traffic easily..

guinanie

Postby guinanie » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:14 am

I agree with peter ko, forums is the great place to gain traffic for a site. there is some technique on which you can get traffic, you need to ask questions something like reviewing your site, agree to the post of the members and
advertisement that will attract the members. you need to include your signature, be friendly and don't spam.

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Yes guinanie, forums are made for conversations not just by link dropping.. :wink:

ukseo

Postby ukseo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 pm

Do some thing that get you in the news

If your site is feature on the news on tv you will get tons of traffic

Return to “Everything Else”