NEW GUY WITH A QUESTION...

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
ICAS_GUY

NEW GUY WITH A QUESTION...

Post by ICAS_GUY »

HELLO ALL. THIS NEW WORLD OF SEO AND OPTIMIZING IS ALL GREEK TO ME, LOL, BUT ONE QUESTION I HAVE IN PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW I COULD REALLY USE AN ANSWER TO. WHAT ARE BACKLINKS, HOW DOES PR WORK, AND WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BLOW COMPETITION OUT OF THE WATER WHEN USING SEARCH ENGINES? ANY AND ALL HELP IS SINCERELY APPRECIATED. FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH MESSANGER, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA YAHOO @ THESMARTSIDEOFME

luxury_homes_

Post by luxury_homes_ »

Welcome to forum!

First of all please disable your CAPS.

Back links means if you have submitted your link to any directories or forums then that will be count as back link. PR is your Page Rank of your site given by Google.

I think you should read some SEO basic articles! Read this.
seomoz.org/beginners.php
[url=http://www.luxuryhomes.net]Luxury Homes Blog[/url]

ICAS_GUY

Post by ICAS_GUY »

Thank you for the welcome, and forgive me for the caps, I had no idea it was in caps until I was done reading. The information you provided was very helpful, thank you. Any more information regarding this thread is still greatly appreciated.

ben_tambling

Re: NEW GUY WITH A QUESTION...

Post by ben_tambling »

ICAS_GUY wrote:HELLO ALL. THIS NEW WORLD OF SEO AND OPTIMIZING IS ALL GREEK TO ME, LOL, BUT ONE QUESTION I HAVE IN PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW I COULD REALLY USE AN ANSWER TO. WHAT ARE BACKLINKS, HOW DOES PR WORK, AND WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BLOW COMPETITION OUT OF THE WATER WHEN USING SEARCH ENGINES? ANY AND ALL HELP IS SINCERELY APPRECIATED. FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH MESSANGER, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA YAHOO @ THESMARTSIDEOFME
backlinks = links that points your site from other sites

PR = Page Rank = Google measures the quality of your site through this.. backlinks and updated/fresh contents has the big factor of getting high PR.

The best way to blow away competition = Pray! lol! Of course you can't avoid competitions,, but proper SEO can bring your site high in SERPs... :)
[url=http://hollywood-celebrity-gossips.blogspot.com][b]Hollywood Celebrity Gossip[/b][/url]

aira

Re: NEW GUY WITH A QUESTION...

Post by aira »

WHAT ARE BACKLINKS, HOW DOES PR WORK, AND WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BLOW COMPETITION OUT OF THE WATER WHEN USING SEARCH ENGINES?
Backlinks are those links you've gathered from a site other than yours (they are pointing to your site)

PR is Google's way of giving reputation to a site (the higher the better in scale up to 10)

Best Way to blow competition - Non stop optimization...

weblaunchphxx

Post by weblaunchphxx »

Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page.Pagerank is a numeric value thats given by google.
[url=http://www.weblaunch.com/search-engine-optimization.html]search engine optimization[/url]