Change IP and DNS

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Karn Tan

Change IP and DNS

Postby Karn Tan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:59 am

I moved my sites from on server to another, that includes ip and nameserver changes of cause, but a few days after that I see my rankings fall on many google servers as if we where in a update, also lower page count when I do a site:domain search.
Now It has been 2 weeks, everyday the visits gets a little less and rankings are not good on all google servers.
:?: Anyone please advice?????

guinanie

Re: Change IP and DNS

Postby guinanie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:46 am

Karn Tan wrote:I moved my sites from on server to another, that includes ip and nameserver changes of cause, but a few days after that I see my rankings fall on many google servers as if we where in a update, also lower page count when I do a site:domain search.
Now It has been 2 weeks, everyday the visits gets a little less and rankings are not good on all google servers.
:?: Anyone please advice?????
Last edited by guinanie on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adan

Postby Adan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:34 am

guinanie, that is absolutely untrue and can mislead the users. Please guys don't give advices if you're not positive about what you're talking about.

A change in DNS and IP shouldn't have any negative impact on your rankings if you do it properly. Unlike guinanie I can document what I say: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/moving-to-a-new-web-host/

ben_tambling

Postby ben_tambling » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:51 am

proper transferring of site to new host wouldn't affect your rankings...

quadra

Postby quadra » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:25 pm

It might be that your new IP is banned by Google for someone that used it before you or is currently using it at the same server and spammed. Ask your hosting company to give you a new IP. Most hosting companies will allow you to buy a dedicted IP for additional fee. If not, they may have another server they can move you to that has a different IP. If not, change your hosting completly and see if your rankings come back.

What is your site and IP address? You can also do reverse IP check at domaintools.com to see who else is being hosted at that IP. If you see a lot of spammy sites at that IP, then it is probably the reason and you should move even if it is not the reason, but there are spammy sites on the server.

Karn Tan

Thank you every one for advice

Postby Karn Tan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:53 pm

Thank you every one for advice
I am moved my site to the new hosting and new IP.I checked my IP is nobody using (We do not have any information for that IP/domain.)
My IP is 61.47.7.142
Before my site on google at first page (Ranking #2) but after I move my site to the new hosting and IP.
My site disappear from google. I am waiting for 3 weeks but do not have anything better. Please advice

Ka-canor

Postby Ka-canor » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:19 am

No effect its just an IP and not the domain.

wuzhong

Postby wuzhong » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:17 am

Change of the IP and DNS Server should not affect SERP of your site. To be sure the new server work properly 7*24.

links4info

Postby links4info » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Don't worry...it will come to normal after few days...i had also faced the same problem
Regards,
Susant
www.computersbay.com

Joseph James

Postby Joseph James » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Please read this advice from google
http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... swer=34437

joesearch

other issues with your site

Postby joesearch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 am

i visited the IP address you stated and found that this domain name: huahinresort.info shows up no backlings in Google. I would suggest that you get some inbound links and do some directory submissions.

Also, does Google support your language? I would say that it is better to have an English version and your language version and keep to one language per site page / version. Having the home page in mixed languages is a bit confusing for site users who don't understand both (me being one of them!)

imranahmed

Postby imranahmed » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:55 pm

I have moved one of property site to other hosting. but no effect on traffic. it is still same.

web67

Postby web67 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:27 pm

well! theres no way that moving server should affect the traffic, may be ur server will be down for some time!

Return to “Google”