Domain Age

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
Post Reply
gweb
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 am
Contact:

Domain Age

Post by gweb »

I have a site

http://www.hotels-chania.gr

and yesterday I was looking its pagerank (which is dissapointing) and
I saw that there is information about domain age. In my site there was no information, but when I looked to other sites I saw this information was present.

I think that search engines take into account this parameter. Does anybody know how to make engines see my domain's age.

Thank you
[url=http://www.hotels-chania.gr]Chania Hotels[/url]

aira
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:09 am
Contact:

Post by aira »

Domain Age might have an impact on search engines but I believe that it has less weight than any other factors in SEO.

With this Tool, you can check how old the domain/site is.

MichelRobinson2
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:16 am
Contact:

Post by MichelRobinson2 »

Domain age is one of the factor that has little effect but you can not ignore it totally.
[url=http://www.reverse-mortgage-seniors.com]Reverse Mortgage Seniors[/url]

ben_tambling
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 pm
Contact:

Post by ben_tambling »

old age sites are established sites.. i think that's the factor why domain age have more weight compare to new/fresh sites..

it also depends... if 2 sites were both optimized the same way, and the only difference is domain age,, old age sites has an advantage..
[url=http://hollywood-celebrity-gossips.blogspot.com][b]Hollywood Celebrity Gossip[/b][/url]

searcharge
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:48 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by searcharge »

Page Rank no longer matters but

1) your content

2) quality back links

3) you domain age (yes it matters)

4) and all onpage stuff ;)
[url=http://free-pc-to-international-phone-calls.blogspot.com/]Free Calls[/url]

cooluks
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:53 am
Contact:

Post by cooluks »

MichelRobinson2 wrote:Domain age is one of the factor that has little effect but you can not ignore it totally.
Of course it has great impact in terms of SERP because as what ben tambling said almost old sites (domain ages) are established sites....
Bestop Parts - Alternative tops, protective gear, and storage options for Autos.

x3mario
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Hottest Celebrities
Contact:

Post by x3mario »

Site with old domain age plays a great impact on SERP.

gweb
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 am
Contact:

Post by gweb »

I used this tool for domain age but unfortunately it doesn't show the right age but it shows that the site is newer that it really is. How this can be fixed and why it is recognized as this?

:-(
[url=http://www.hotels-chania.gr]Chania Hotels[/url]

ben_tambling
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 pm
Contact:

Post by ben_tambling »

gweb wrote:I used this tool for domain age but unfortunately it doesn't show the right age but it shows that the site is newer that it really is. How this can be fixed and why it is recognized as this?

:-(
you have to get another tool
[url=http://hollywood-celebrity-gossips.blogspot.com][b]Hollywood Celebrity Gossip[/b][/url]

Flavorful
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:50 am
Contact:

Post by Flavorful »

Domain age is important... I don't know why some people think it is not. A previously crawled domain will have higher PR and SERPS than a newer site with the same backlinks and content.
www.tammyblanchard.com

dee_el07
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:21 am
Contact:

Post by dee_el07 »

Agree to Flavorful^^ add to that.. old domain site are easy to optimized because every pages has been crawled and established..

Ka-canor
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Ka-canor »

And Domain age has a big factor in getting on top of SERP.

gilbert.imlay
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:35 pm
Contact:

Post by gilbert.imlay »

searcharge wrote:Page Rank no longer matters but

1) your content

2) quality back links

3) you domain age (yes it matters)

4) and all onpage stuff ;)

offcourse i agree with u.

Thnx
[url=http://www.ukunsecuredloans.me.uk/unsecured-loans-uk.html]Unsecured loans UK[/url]

Adan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:31 pm
Contact:

Post by Adan »

Domain age is actually a fairly important SEO factor. And yes, Search Engines check the domain age.

zimhomepage
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:26 am
Contact:

Re: Domain Age

Post by zimhomepage »

gweb wrote:I have a site

http://www.hotels-chania.gr

and yesterday I was looking its pagerank (which is dissapointing) and
I saw that there is information about domain age. In my site there was no information, but when I looked to other sites I saw this information was present.

I think that search engines take into account this parameter. Does anybody know how to make engines see my domain's age.

Thank you
Whilst domain age plays an important role ,i also think you should also try to look into off-line promotion although expensive ,it is quite helpfull.The are so many new domains out there which are popular

You are right when you say the older the name gets,the more interesting links it gets.
www.zimhomepage.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests