Google's regular task

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
MichelRobinson2

Google's regular task

Postby MichelRobinson2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:22 am

One question is arise in my mind -Does Google collect and record people's search terms whether they're logged in or not?

Can you answer me???? :?:

ben_tambling

Postby ben_tambling » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 pm

that is a tough question.. i think you should directly ask google about that...

MichelRobinson2

Postby MichelRobinson2 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 am

ben_tambling wrote:that is a tough question.. i think you should directly ask google about that...

Friend I just want to know - What you people think about that???? Take it as simple one..
and give ur views.. :o

ben_tambling

Postby ben_tambling » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Well I believe it can be, if they really want to...

peterko

Re: Google's regular task

Postby peterko » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:47 pm

MichelRobinson2 wrote:One question is arise in my mind -Does Google collect and record people's search terms whether they're logged in or not?

It's not clear enough, what do you mean by "people are logged in or not"?
Logged in where? If you mean people are searching the web by using certaing keywords or key phrases, I would say Google really care about those terms, and most likely Google collects records about it. It seams to me Google also interested in statistic about which terms people use in different regions depending on ip addresses of people's computers. Google is covering different regions differently and always trying to improve people's search, so statistic should be very important. IMO.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

MichelRobinson2

Postby MichelRobinson2 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:10 pm

peterko wrote:
MichelRobinson2 wrote:One question is arise in my mind -Does Google collect and record people's search terms whether they're logged in or not?

It's not clear enough, what do you mean by "people are logged in or not"?
Logged in where? If you mean people are searching the web by using certaing keywords or key phrases, I would say Google really care about those terms, and most likely Google collects records about it. It seams to me Google also interested in statistic about which terms people use in different regions depending on ip addresses of people's computers. Google is covering different regions differently and always trying to improve people's search, so statistic should be very important. IMO.

Yes dear you are right....but...What is need to keep IP addresses for collecting the keyword records. I think Google maintain its database for keyword only.

Wishbone

Postby Wishbone » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:36 am

Yes they are, actual search query of searchers is one of the variables for their algorithm.
Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking Systems - check out for tips and features to maximize its use .

peterko

Postby peterko » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 pm

MichelRobinson2 wrote:What is need to keep IP addresses for collecting the keyword records. I think Google maintain its database for keyword only.

IP Address of computer is associated with the regions where that particular computer is located.
What I said, the statistic of keywods usage in different regions helps Google to analyze it and improve search algorythm. As you probably noticed, the same keyword or key phrase gives you differen SERP for different regions (contries).

For example, you have a website selling some stuff for UK customers. You should take into consideration that US customers are searching the stuff mostly within US and UK customers mostly within UK (I said MOSTLY), so it seams to me make a sense to provide regional customers with regional SERP. May be it sound little complicated, but that's what I think. That's why Google gives value to the other website's backlinks by the relevancy and Regional Location.

That's why I think ip addresses are important from statistical point of view.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:42 am

Yes it records everything and keeps it for, I think, 18 months. The big difference is that when you're logged on, it has more information about who's doing the search.

MichelRobinson2

Postby MichelRobinson2 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:45 am

peterko wrote:
MichelRobinson2 wrote:What is need to keep IP addresses for collecting the keyword records. I think Google maintain its database for keyword only.

IP Address of computer is associated with the regions where that particular computer is located.
What I said, the statistic of keywods usage in different regions helps Google to analyze it and improve search algorythm. As you probably noticed, the same keyword or key phrase gives you differen SERP for different regions (contries).

For example, you have a website selling some stuff for UK customers. You should take into consideration that US customers are searching the stuff mostly within US and UK customers mostly within UK (I said MOSTLY), so it seams to me make a sense to provide regional customers with regional SERP. May be it sound little complicated, but that's what I think. That's why Google gives value to the other website's backlinks by the relevancy and Regional Location.

That's why I think ip addresses are important from statistical point of view.

Have a great day,
Peter

Yes..I think you are right.
Thanx for this.

easycash81

Postby easycash81 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:20 pm

Yes sometimes google does store all this info. but it is not clear why they r doing it.
[Double URL's removed for spam. Please see our terms & Policies. Post only one link per message - ADMIN]

Return to “Google”