Forum signature as a back link

For discussion of Link building methods.
dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:31 am

Can you share with us your URL? what strategy you use when checking your backlinks in google?

poddstar

Postby poddstar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:31 am

how did you check for the backlink? if you are entering link:www.domainname.com in google, it is normal that not all of the backlinks are shown. Check your total backlinks in Google webmaster tool.

guruananth

Postby guruananth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 am

You can use press release and Blog rolling it will give a back links easily.one more thing .edu forums and .gov froums you will get a backlinks easily so try that

moneyman

Postby moneyman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:24 am

I've been building links in the same way you have - Forum signatures, social bookmarks, blog comments - and the links have started to show in Google and other search engines so they should work for you as well.
Is this a new campaign you've undertaken as they do take time to appear?

Janna122003

Re: Forum signature as a back link

Postby Janna122003 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 pm

freeadnetwork wrote:Hello,
As far i know forum signatures, blog reviews where we keep link are considered as back link. Even directories submission.
So i have used at many forums, many directories paid and free, to many blogs i have made good comments and added links with anchor text ..

is not getting any back links.. i saw only 1 back link in google .. why this is so ??

can any 1 explain..

Google only display random sample of backlinks if you want to see more of your links check it on webmaster tools.
Actuator by MEA Inc.

toronto-seo

Postby toronto-seo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:10 pm

The technique is defiantly working good but not for high competition keywords where you needs ton of authority high PR links to hit the first page.

my_misyel

Postby my_misyel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:42 am

May i know how long you're involved with seo? coz i believe it always takes time to get backlinks. yes, forum signature is one way of getting fast backlinks but in directory, article submissions it always gets approval from the webmasters in order for you to get the backlinks.

axedbydax

Postby axedbydax » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 am

I have just started doing seo for my new site vdhdesigns.com.The site is just 1 month old.I get links from forums, blog postings, article writing, squidoo lens, hubs, directory submission and minor link exchanges. Now I got 600+ backlinks. My site also shows #6 in MSN on my keyword.Althoug it doesnt show yet in Google i know time will come for that.So I suggest that you just do your routine and follow what SEO gurus are suggesting to get popularity.Thats what I have been doing...following the guru's and the experienced ones coz they know how it works. Goodluck :D

SpeedDemon

Postby SpeedDemon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Google is known to only show part of your total number of links. Try checking in Yahoo or MSN and see if it shows more.

my_misyel

Postby my_misyel » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 am

Oh I see. Just continue working and wait until it appears.

antonyseo

Postby antonyseo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi freeadnetwork,

Most of the forums will not give backlink until you've reached minimum posts in their forums. and forums also count that the replies that you are giving. and for directory submissions, most of the search engines does not count paid links as backlinks. that is the reason you are not seeing any backlinks for your site. anyways, try some other organic promotional techniques such as social bookmarking, commenting to the blogs to get quality back links.

Cheers,

Antony.

axedbydax

Postby axedbydax » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:33 am

my_misyel wrote:Oh I see. Just continue working and wait until it appears.

SEO is not a one day work. You need to be patient my friend. Work on it. Pay attention to every details that needs some work. But if you think you can do that in a short time then why not...Cheers :D

linkbuildr

Postby linkbuildr » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:13 am

Getting backlinks from forum signatures in your niche is a great way to get one way links!

Gabriel - SEO Consulting

One Way Signature Links

Postby Gabriel - SEO Consulting » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Posting in a forum is a great way to get backlinks to you. But, you need to actually participate in the conversation and be relevant to it with what you ask and say.

How many times have you searched Google or Yahoo for an answer and found it in a Forum? Many probably like most of us. People search for basic SEO and SEM techniques all the time get answers to simple questions.

This makes the forum happy because you are now helping them generate traffic with user-generated content. As long as the content is good, so will your backlinks.

The Internet has a natural way of helping people who help others. Good luck!

Cheers,

dzinestand

Postby dzinestand » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:19 am

check those links in Google webmaster tool may be this tools show your link back page.

Return to “Link Building”