Does PR really count

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
littlepoppets

Does PR really count

Postby littlepoppets » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:15 am

How much difference to traffic does a high PR really make???

USB

Postby USB » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:33 pm

How do you increase you PR?

clearwriter

Why high PR

Postby clearwriter » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:07 am

Very simple. High Page rank (PR) means more websites with good page rank are linking you. It means that you will be getting a share of traffic from the websites that have linked you. This will boost your traffic.

USB

Postby USB » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:10 am

how do you like to these other pages? just put a link on your page? or what?

peterko

Link exchange

Postby peterko » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 am

USB wrote:how do you like to these other pages? just put a link on your page? or what?

The other sites have to put your link on their sites, not their link on your site. Now the question is how you will convince the other sites to keep your link. There are lots of ways: Link exchange, posting your links on free directories, participating on the forums with your link signature, buying links on well established sites, and so on.

Talking about PR, Google is not paying so much attention to PR now.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

clearwriter

Postby clearwriter » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:36 am

leftybogs wrote:you can have high PR even if you don't have high amount of traffic..

Thats right, but you need your website very well optimized. Your site must be user as well as google friendly :-)

viradian

Postby viradian » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:11 am

Page Rank means nothing...I have a page rank of 0 and have the top postion for my most important competitive keyword.

clearwriter

Postby clearwriter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:38 am

viradian wrote:Page Rank means nothing...I have a page rank of 0 and have the top postion for my most important competitive keyword.

I am agreed. If your website is very well optimized, then Google will give your site on first page for your keywords even if you have PR0.

Page rank is "How your website is ranked by other high ranked sites"

Top position in Google search results mean, "Google thinks that your website contents are best for the given keywords"

High Traffic Means "People/visitors thinks that your website contents are best for the given keywords".

Its right that these 3 things are inter-related. But you can have one characteristic without having anyother.

But usually if your site is shown in the top google results, more people will visit your webiste. But in order to make your visitors, come back, you must have something special for them.

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:55 am

I don't think traffic and PR go in hand in hand together.. like what bogs mentioned above, you can have good amount of traffic even if you have a low pr and vice versa..

clearwriter

Page Rank and Traffic Relation

Postby clearwriter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:31 am

dee_el07 wrote:I don't think traffic and PR go in hand in hand together.. like what bogs mentioned above, you can have good amount of traffic even if you have a low pr and vice versa..

Actually there are two main sources of traffic to any website:

1)Search engines 2)Other websites

High Page Rank means your website is ranked and linked by the other well ranked websites. If those websites have a good and steady traffic, then your website will get a share of their traffic because they are linking you.

So, it all depends on the traffic on your linked website.

I hope this was helpful :-)

Friend11

Postby Friend11 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:07 am

I got 50% of my traffic from referring sites.
How likely my pr will go up.

clearwriter

Postby clearwriter » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:21 am

Friend11 wrote:I got 50% of my traffic from referring sites.
How likely my pr will go up.

Your webiste will be ranked higher when the sites referring are of higher ranking and the contents of the referring sites match with the contents of your website.

Thanks,

Neticule

yeah

Postby Neticule » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:34 am

PR matters of course for your overall rank! What matters the most is how you are linked, what text you are linked with.

clearwriter

Postby clearwriter » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:13 am

Yes the inbound links are important. The quality of inbound links depend on some factors like:

1) If the inbound link is coming from the site that is highly ranked, then it is called a quality link.

2) If the link coming from the site, that is discussing the same topic as your site is, then it is called a quality link.

3) If the link text is related to the keywords of your site, then it is called a quality link. For example, if the keywords of my site are "SEO", then the link text should be "A Great SEO website". This text should be a link and should point to my website. The search engine thinks it, as a factor for contributing in the page rank of website.

Thanks.

clearwriter

Re: yeah

Postby clearwriter » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:26 am

Neticule wrote:PR matters of course for your overall rank! What matters the most is how you are linked, what text you are linked with.

Yes if the linked text is your keyword then Search Engines give more weight to that link and page rank increases

Return to “Google”