Google Keyword Blocking

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
viradian

Google Keyword Blocking

Post by viradian »

Has anyone ever heard of Google blocking a site for showing up for a certain keyword? I have some pages that rank really well in Google, but some other keywords that I've targeted and optimized for, I don't show up at all. At one point, my page was listed as high as page 5 of the serps, but now, its gone completely.

I've even gone as far as creating a second page that was similar with different content but optimized for the same words and have still not been able to get a listing in the top 50 pages.

Elquicos

Post by Elquicos »

Normally if your site is penalised you shouldn´t appear for any competitive keyword, so I don´t think your site is blocked. There can be many other factors why you don´t show up for those keywords. Ie those keywords are more competitive, or the pages that target those keywords are in a deeper level, etc...

skysoldier

Post by skysoldier »

I think you should be patient, it is not that easy to rank especially if it is a highly competitive one.

Janna122003

Re: Google Keyword Blocking

Post by Janna122003 »

viradian wrote:Has anyone ever heard of Google blocking a site for showing up for a certain keyword? I have some pages that rank really well in Google, but some other keywords that I've targeted and optimized for, I don't show up at all. At one point, my page was listed as high as page 5 of the serps, but now, its gone completely.

I've even gone as far as creating a second page that was similar with different content but optimized for the same words and have still not been able to get a listing in the top 50 pages.

It seems like other site get your rankings. Maybe they have done more effort than you.
Actuator by MEA Inc.

indian_seo

Post by indian_seo »

This is due to google sandbox effect.If u push for certain keywords too much ,it gets into sandbox .So ur website is in google sandbox for specific keywords

HostV

Post by HostV »

I think that Google must show something instead the one it would show on that request?
HostV - VPS Hosting - http://www.hostv.com

websitetraffic

Post by websitetraffic »

You can check how competitive your keyword is by searching it in Google.
air mattress bed for a restful sleep.

guinanie

Re: Google Keyword Blocking

Post by guinanie »

viradian wrote:
I think it is based on the way you link build your site and maybe you overuse some of your keywords that what is called as "link farm".

zeruel

Post by zeruel »

It is possible. one example is this http://www.google.com/search?q=text+link+ads

text-link-ads.com was kicked out for keyword "text links" and I also wonder why...