Ranking for Gifts keyword

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
skinz

Ranking for Gifts keyword

Postby skinz » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:40 am

If I search on gifts on Google this site, www.needapresent.com appears at the top of the list. Wheres www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk doesn't appear for pages. This does not make any sense to me based on my knowledge of how google ranks pages for keywords, namely keyword density and backlinks. Both have comparable keyword density and linkage analysis shows needapresent has approx 80 linkto and approx 620 contain the term. When you compare this with findmeagift, it has approx 220 and 20400!! There's a huge difference in the scale here yet one site ranks and the other doesn't.

Does anyone have any ideas?

SEOMore

Postby SEOMore » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:33 am

You can use Web Optimization Angel to anlysis the different of this two websites for keyword:gift

bobkerry

Re: Ranking for Gifts keyword

Postby bobkerry » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:07 am

Actually google rank pages if your keywords are totally unique, different and new. If same content is found somehow, problems can be raised and the ranking will be less too

monica34

Postby monica34 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:26 am

Getting so many backlinks from other sites is important but getting quality backlinks from other places is more important. Like getting 4 or 5 links from authority websites would be considered good than getting 100 links from irrelevant websites.
Innovative PPC solutions for your online marketing campaign

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:20 am

Factors such age of site and being a true physical store/company has effects, too.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

Return to “Google”