Does PR have any impact on Google rankings?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
3Dprof4Online

Does PR have any impact on Google rankings?

Postby 3Dprof4Online » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:34 am

I would like to raise one of the most arguable questions nowadays – page rank and the impact it has on website ranking positions in Google! I think page rank has not a direct impact on Google algorithm today! Even if it does this influence is much lower today! What do you think about this question? Do you agree with me? If not let’s start discussing this interesting topic!

Sandisells

Postby Sandisells » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:35 pm

A higher Page Rank on the home page may help interior pages not go supplemental so their out links to other pages on the website may have some value ... but of course I'm not certain. :?

briscoe.reich

Postby briscoe.reich » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:43 pm

As far as Google is concern, their statement says that it do affect the rankings.

Alan83

Postby Alan83 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:11 pm

PR doesnt directly affect serps, but.... backlinks count to your PR, and they also count to your serps.
So like i sais, although it doesnt directly affect it, they will be in proportion as it is the same things that affect each thing.

If you have high PR backlinks, you will have high PR,
If you have high PR backlinks, you will have good serps

seo.doc

Postby seo.doc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Search Ranking = Relevance * PageRank

though PR is independent..which doesn't rely on any key phrases...the important thing is that the relevance of your site to the query..PR plays the role if for example your site and other site has same relevance to the query then you have higher pr it means that you'll rank better than the other...
Seo Services Free Consultation

sharon.gmc

Postby sharon.gmc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 pm

I think page rank is still important in a number of ways

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:13 pm

The bottom line here is to get along to well indexed, high PR sites. PR indicates the importance of a site/page hence but on rankings it is the closeness of your contents related to what the searchers are looking for. Maybe your site has good contents and is important but also be on shoes of those who search and see to it if your content is close to what they are looking.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

rejeanamorrise

Postby rejeanamorrise » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 am

In my opinion. If your site has high pr, then it is regularly visited by Google. And in that case, there is more possibility that your keywords will be read and the ranking will be higher.
[url=http://www.designerclothesonline.co.uk/]
Men and Womens Designer Clothing Online[/url]

angelinalove

Postby angelinalove » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 am

rejeanamorrise wrote:In my opinion. If your site has high pr, then it is regularly visited by Google. And in that case, there is more possibility that your keywords will be read and the ranking will be higher.

I agree. Rankig will be the high if your site has great PR as it is visited by the SE.

commentcodes

Postby commentcodes » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:36 am

PR is depending on back links, but PR is not helps SERP's, don't bother about PR.

Litgen

Postby Litgen » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:28 am

It's great to have high PR. It confirms, that your site is high level site

los_angeles_sales_trainin

Postby los_angeles_sales_trainin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:25 am

The higher your site pagerank, the more frequent it will be crawled by the spider. This is one reason why high pagerank site usually have large quantity of pages indexed in Google.

seo.doc

Postby seo.doc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:52 pm

PR will play role if two sites has the same relevancy..then they SE will end up choosing the site which has a greater PR and rank it higher than the other one...but it doesn't mean having a high pr will get you on top of SERP...
Seo Services Free Consultation

my_misyel

Postby my_misyel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:38 am

rejeanamorrise wrote:In my opinion. If your site has high pr, then it is regularly visited by Google. And in that case, there is more possibility that your keywords will be read and the ranking will be higher.

Pagerank (or PR) is a measure google uses to determine the popularity of a website, and each page on that site. It was the basis of google's revolutionary growth as a search engine, but it has become less important to ranking since webmasters have tried to fool the system by 'artificially growing links'. These days PR is ONLY ONE of the factors in google's search algorithms.

Higher Pagerank means a higher statistical likelihood of more of your pages being crawled and more frequently. PR is only based on link-popularity. Links being related or not to your site has nothing to do with it. A link from a high PR site, will give your site a higher Pagerank.

imranahmed

Postby imranahmed » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:10 pm

today not only pr but other factor may count too.

Return to “Google”