What is a perfect use of Flash in SEO?

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
mint1

What is a perfect use of Flash in SEO?

Postby mint1 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 am

In current web design environment flash is very significant in websites. But the big question is how much flash should be there when designing a website? Flash is a big hurdle between website and Google crawler and on the other hand without flash it is very hard to polish your website to convince customers. So what should be an adequate rate of flash to be included in website?
Websites like http://www.webprofits.com.au using flash too much.
Flash should be used for creating a banner of website only.
These websites have been using perfect flash web design combination and a best inspiration for a web designer:
http://www.renai-soft.com/index.html
http://www.bitwords.com

elena21

Postby elena21 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:56 am

Better don't use flash at all if you want make a good seo...

betty

Postby betty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Try to use flash but use new version in which adobe has created some new features which will make your flash content and urls index and that is helpful to seo.

mint1

Postby mint1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:14 am

thanks for nice comments on the post

peterko

flash objects in your web site

Postby peterko » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Originally I used a lot of flash objects in my website, but since I found out it's not good for the search engine crawling, I significanetely reduced it. I think if you really want to apply it, then you can put one or two flash objects (use common sense), but make sure you have enough text in your website. Search engines love text relevant to your site description and title tags. IMO

Have a great day
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

ChiefLee

Postby ChiefLee » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:40 pm

If getting good SERPs is important to you, only use Flash in small doses on your website. I know that Google can now see Flash better than it used to, but if I'm relying on organic traffic, I'm not using Flash predominantly on a site.

sanseo

Postby sanseo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:48 am

In google search i found this for website http://www.webprofits.com.au
Your search - cache:http://www.webprofits.com.au/ - did not match any documents.
while its PR5

any one have explanation

san
get Cheap Web Hosting by Top Seo Company India`s Services at affordable cost

rayter

Postby rayter » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 pm

Flash sites are difficult to optimize. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Search engines love texts and images than flash files.

mdamin76

Postby mdamin76 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 am

You can put on some simple flash if you want. Too many flash could cause wasting in bandwith, and it's not really "google friendly".

madness222

Postby madness222 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 am

Instead of using flash! use AJAX....
[Excessive Links removed for spam. Please post one URL per messages. - Admin]

Hafsoh

Postby Hafsoh » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Flash is inherently a visual medium, and Googlebot doesn't have eyes. Googlebot can typically read Flash files and extract the text and links in them, but the structure and context are missing. Moreover, textual contents are sometimes stored in Flash as graphics, and since Googlebot doesn't currently have the algorithmic eyes needed to read these graphics, these important keywords can be missed entirely. All of this means that even if your Flash content is in our index, it might be missing some text, content, or links. Worse, while Googlebot can understand some Flash files, not all Internet spiders can.

Read more here : http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... flash.html
Selling online made easy with Shopping Cart Software

mint1

Postby mint1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 am

mdamin76 wrote:You can put on some simple flash if you want. Too many flash could cause wasting in bandwith, and it's not really "google friendly".

thanks for sharing your experience i was in doubt before that flash only affects the SEO process it also affects the loading and performance of website.

mrandrei

Postby mrandrei » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Flash sites are very attractive, but their format is not easy to optimize. More time and effort are needed. Html ones are so much easier to linkbuild.

foodsnark

Postby foodsnark » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:10 am

I think flash don't seo.

Roger_Silvester

Postby Roger_Silvester » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am

The recommended Flash SEO method uses a DIV with search-engine-accessible, primary content, and an open source Javascript function called swfobject() to detect when browsers are capable of viewing Flash. When an appropriate version of Flash player is present, the Javascript manipulates the page's document object model (DOM) to replace the primary content with the Flash movie. Most search engine spiders can't handle Flash, so they will elect to view the primary content. The primary content may contain links, headings, styled text, images—anything we can add to an ordinary HTML page. With SEO copyediting and coding skills applied to the primary content, Flash becomes a non-issue.

Hence you can use flash with no concerns of about Search Engines

Return to “SEO Forum”