why ranks high at Google, but not MSN?

This forum is for discussion of BING (formerly MSN Search or Live Search).
alex_us

why ranks high at Google, but not MSN?

Postby alex_us » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:48 am

I have a keyword that ranks about 14 at Google and 32 at Yahoo, but not in the top 200 at mSN. Why is that? Does msn hate me or something. I though Google and msn had similar ranking aglorithm, why there is such a hugn discrepencies at Google and msn for my keyword ranking?
Any helps always appreciated

WebFreedom

Re: why ranks high at Google, but not MSN?

Postby WebFreedom » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:41 am

alex_us wrote:I have a keyword that ranks about 14 at Google and 32 at Yahoo, but not in the top 200 at mSN. Why is that? Does msn hate me or something. I though Google and msn had similar ranking aglorithm, why there is such a hugn discrepencies at Google and msn for my keyword ranking?
Any helps always appreciated

Hi Alex,

Based on my experience, all three of the major SEs have different ranking algorithms, and it seems to be very difficult (both for me and countless other forum posters) to rank highly in all three. All things considered, though, you're much better off ranking highly in Google than in MSN - that's just my opinion, but from where I'm sitting, you should consider it a blessing. :D

At last check, MSN favored on-page optimization more than the other two, so you may want to focus your efforts in this area to improve your ranking in MSN.

HTH,
Sam

SEO-Geek

Meta Tags

Postby SEO-Geek » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Google and Yahoo focus a lot on links, and while you can get results just by using linking strategies, as well as copy and traffic, MSN bases everything off of meta tags.

Get your key word youw ant to be ranked for in your meta tags and you will see almost instant results on MSN.

WebFreedom

Postby WebFreedom » Thu May 04, 2006 12:38 am

Hi SEO Geek,

Have you heard anything about changes in MSN's algorithms? I've read a lot of forum posts recently that indicate it's becoming more difficult to become indexed and ranked in their SE.

Sam

etech-racheal

Postby etech-racheal » Mon May 08, 2006 3:12 am

To rank high in MSN, just concentrate on your backlinks. MSN considers backlinks. Try to update content regularly, use proper keywords because all these points help in getting more backlinks. This automatically results in high ranking.

As Seen On TV

Re: why ranks high at Google, but not MSN?

Postby As Seen On TV » Thu May 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Whether it's MSN Search, Google, Yahoo or any other search engine that changes its ranking algorithm. There is one basic rule: don't panic!

Many ranking algorithm changes that are discussed in online forums are just yakety-yak. Only the search engines know which algorithms they use and they don't publish that information.

Before you change something on your web site, you should be sure what really works for your web site and what doesn't.

sacada2

Postby sacada2 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:35 pm

based on my experience, Msn is the most generous among the top 3, especially for new websites.
Last edited by sacada2 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

oksana

Postby oksana » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:29 am

Don't worry if you have such rankings in Google and Yahoo you will have a high ranking in MSN soon. My site had a high ranking in MSN, in Google is not high, but in Yahoo it had a very bad ranking.
Now in Google good ranking, in MSN not high and Yahoo - very bad ranking.
I don't know what does it depend on? :roll:

I think to have a high ranking in all main search engines it is necessary to fresh a site every day, optimize it with tags and keywords.

As Seen On TV

Postby As Seen On TV » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:30 am

To rank high in MSN, just concentrate on your backlinks. MSN considers backlinks. Try to update content regularly, use proper keywords because all these points help in getting more backlinks. This automatically results in high ranking.

Sheryl

Postby Sheryl » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:35 am

I have a similar problem to oksana and agree with SEO-geek---I have optimized meta descriptions for (nearly) all of my over 500 product pages and rank very well on MSN.

Despite active link-building and subscribing to the Yahoo Directory, Google has just now started to see 16 of my over 150 back links. Yet, I continue to rank poorly for keywords that I rank on the first page of MSN.

I have optimized for keywords and meta description tags and link build. Should I pay for some high PR links?

My site has been up over 6 months and is in a pretty competitve industry, educational software. Should I just be patient? Is MSN rank any indication of things to come on Google and Yahoo?

Thanks for any advice and feedback!
Sheryl

TravelandHoliday

Postby TravelandHoliday » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:58 pm

vistadivine wrote:
Submission to 50 directories - $15
Submission to 100 directories - $30
Submission to 150 directories - $45
Submission to 200 directories - $60

All the directories we would submit to have a PR 0 - 8. PM me if you are interested in any of the packs.

I am intrested. May I know what the rate of acceptance? Thanks!

seoboost

Postby seoboost » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:06 am

I have found that keyword relevant content seems to get me positions in MSN but i have noticed lately that sometimes this isn't the case.
[url=http://www.seoboost.co.uk]
Search Engine Optimisation services[/url]

webzedge

I tried your ideas for better MSN backlink ranking.

Postby webzedge » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Hello Forum,

I have read through and tried your ideas for better link popularity ranking with MSN but nothing works. Almost everyone uses Google including myself and I do not think MSN ranking really matters much it is just weird. Many of my sites are in between 5000 and 6000 in link popularity with the highest count usually from Alta Vista but MSN is always "0". You would think that I could at least get a "1" from MSN.

whatahome

Postby whatahome » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:07 am

I have seen few things in msn. Your site will not come straight if it is new to msn. It will take sometime to be listed in msn. Probably its msn strategy for new sites.

simp1213

Postby simp1213 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:51 pm

I rank decently in Google for a number of keyword but get miniscule traffic from MSN only which I don't understand. Yahoo is even worse...

Return to “BING (Formerly MSN Search)”