When I type Memphissigncompany.com I get other companies?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Memphissigncompany.com

When I type Memphissigncompany.com I get other companies?

Postby Memphissigncompany.com » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:40 pm

Why do the listings, for the search with the terms Memphis Sign Company come up with other companies? I thought that was fairly specific enough.

And also I use Yahoo site builder with Yahoo hosting the site but it does'nt show up immediately. Is this becauase it is new?

Stephanie

cirquelodge

Postby cirquelodge » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:33 am

It's probably because other sign companies in memphis have the same search keywords on there pages but are better optimized then yours

Memphissigncompany.com

A ha that makes partial sense to me.

Postby Memphissigncompany.com » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:56 pm

That makes partial sense to me and I will check their coding to see what tags they are using. Do you think it may also be due to this site being very very new ? I was under the impression that it can take weeks for searchengines to crawl your site for the first time. Like sometimes it can be 2 to 3 months before it starts to be more visible. Most of the other companies have been around for years.

I have started to establish some good clean link backs to the site and been manually submitting to various smaller search engines. I am worried that the big ones will think I am spamming if I submit more than once a week.
What do you think?s
Thanks for your suggestions Stephanie

acwebguru

Postby acwebguru » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:15 am

If you are searching with your domain name, you website tops but the fact is that there are some website which have also ranked with the same keyword. I think you have to build your organization's brand value online if you really want to make a significant difference in future.
[Excessive URLs removed for spam. Post only 1 URL per post. Read our forum Terms & Policies. -ADMIN]

luxury_homes

Postby luxury_homes » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:34 am

its becoz you site is new and the other companies are older and using the same keywords and have optimized there site with better content and relative links... so i would suggest you to update or add new content with the keyword used but not spammed

KrazyG

Postby KrazyG » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm

It can be a possibility that the site is new or the site is not yet indexed yet. Have you tried optimizing your site? Also, take time to research for your keywords, I don't think it is a good idea to use the company name where it is not popular and doesn't return any searches.

Memphissigncompany.com

tell me about sponsored ads

Postby Memphissigncompany.com » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Now that the site is older and the search engines have crawled it, it is listed and is found more by more and more search engines.

Can you tell me if "SPONSORED ADS" are the reason why other companies that have different names come up before my site when I type in Memphis Sign Company in a search engine.

I have the same key words, same meta tags.

thanks stephanie r
memphissigncompany

virande

Postby virande » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello,

I am newbie in this forum.
Thanks.

Dave011

Postby Dave011 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm

How old is your site?Is this already index by google?

doomcashdown

Postby doomcashdown » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 am

Dave011 wrote:How old is your site?Is this already index by google?

It's 4 months old, according to http://www.whois-search.com/whois/www.m ... ompany.com

Code: Select all

Domain Name: MEMPHISSIGNCOMPANY.COM
   Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
   Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
   Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
   Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM
   Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM
   Updated Date: 10-oct-2009
   Creation Date: 10-oct-2009
   Expiration Date: 10-oct-2010

Memphissigncompany.com wrote:Why do the listings, for the search with the terms Memphis Sign Company come up with other companies? I thought that was fairly specific enough.

And also I use Yahoo site builder with Yahoo hosting the site but it does'nt show up immediately. Is this becauase it is new?

Stephanie

You need to optimize your website further.

Return to “Google”