Google PageRank Question

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
viradian

Google PageRank Question

Post by viradian »

I am excited that Google has begun the process of crawling my site and indexing a few of my pages at a time. (There was nothing on Google for months).

But does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the page rank bar to start showing something other than a blank white strip saying, "this page ranks 0/10"?

I have been trying to add a few backlinks a week.

Just wondering if anyone, who is farther along than me in this process, has an experience to share while they waited for their PRs to increase from 1 to 2 to 3 an so on...

Thanks

viradian

Post by viradian »

Thanks Bermuda...I'll keep working on the site and add links and content!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

etech-racheal

Post by etech-racheal »

To get high rank just update content regularly, add fresh content, submit your site in directories, use proper keywords & submit articles. All these points will help you in getting backlinks. More backlinks results in high ranking.

zbezovski

Post by zbezovski »

I’ve seen a Rage Rank Formula before. But I gess it doesnot work that way any more.

Google says
“Important, high-quality sites receive a higher PageRank, which Google remembers each time it conducts a search. Of course, important pages mean nothing to you if they don't match your query. So, Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching techniques to find pages that are both important and relevant to your search.”

Does anyone know how it works in practice.

Bobbybee

Source code

Post by Bobbybee »

viradian, you really need to do something with your source code, just looking at your index page and your source code is really messed up, duplicate head tags, body tags and some other problems, not sure what your back pages look like but the front page really needs some work.

peterko

Google ranking

Post by peterko »

Totally agree with Bobbybee.

If you have massy source code, duplicates, hiding something, etc., no backlinks will force Google to increase you rank (unless you pay for sponsor services, etc.)

You have to realize, Goggle is dominating on the SE market, and it established some certain rules for the user benefits, not webmasters.

So, if you find any discrepancies in your source code, you'd rather fix it.
That will help you to increase your Google ranking sooner or later.

Have a great day
from http://www.SupremeDeal.com
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

littlephoenix

Post by littlephoenix »

its really as simple as having your link on a page with high traffic, you can have little traffic sites nest your link, and you will get baby hits, but if you want to get masshhits and good ranking, your link must be on a solid website that receives over 10k hits a day, unique hits that is.

austin72

Re: Google PageRank Question

Post by austin72 »

When Google update the ranking on that time your ranking also get update.
For good ranking you need to take links on high PR page who have good quality and related to your site niche.

buzinessware

Post by buzinessware »

Google PR update on every 3 to 4 months, you need to keep continue build good back links.

nchrist

Post by nchrist »

Well just build links with PR eventually you'll gain PR. There are some instances that Google gives PR to websites that don't link build. Although readers of that site might provide them the quality links.

Justinpage

Post by Justinpage »

To increase your site's pagerank, you have to create a content that users want and will share with others. In other words, you have to make first a unique content. After that you have to make a link building campaign by submitting your site's URL to popular web directories or by writing a unique article about your site.

James77

Post by James77 »

Optimize your website in a proper way. Do proper on-page and off-page optimization. Updated unique and fresh content regularly on your site. Increase your website good quality backlinks. Do Directory submission, RSS submission, Article submission, Guest posting, doffollow blog commenting, Social Bookmaring. After done this your targeting keywords will be getting ranking in google. Once your keywords come in good ranking in Google, then your website's visitors definitely increased. And after all these process whenever Google doing updation of PR, Google definitely give Page Rank to your site.

TowerSteel

Post by TowerSteel »

The period during the last two PR udpate is more than half a year.