On-Page

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
EmmaMckay

On-Page

Postby EmmaMckay » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:45 am

What is the role of Internal Links?

bobby231

Re: On-Page

Postby bobby231 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Internal links are links that go from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain. They are commonly used in main navigation.

Internal links are useful for three reasons:

Internal links -
(1) allow users to navigate a website.
(2) help establish information hierarchy for the given website.
(3) help spread link juice (ranking power) around websites.

ZaneLe

Postby ZaneLe » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 am

EmmaMckay wrote:What is the role of Internal Links?

On my experience, internal linking is an important tactic able to help high page rank goals. Besides, many experts have the same view with me. Jason McGovern Associate Director, SEO at Starcom MediaVest Group: "Internal linking is easily one of the most important and most overlooked factors in hitting your rankings goals". SEO Consultant Mags Sikora: "Based on my experience, I strongly believe interlinking related factors have strong weight within Google algorithm. I work with startups and have an opportunity to run varied tests on completely new websites".

bobby231

Postby bobby231 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi ZaneLe,
Thanks for your answer!

EmmaMckay

Postby EmmaMckay » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:21 am

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the answer.
Thank you

GuitarPrince

Postby GuitarPrince » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:49 am

Internal links are most useful for establishing site architecture and spreading link juice (URLs are also essential). For this reason, this section is about building an SEO-friendly site architecture with internal links.

On an individual page, search engines need to see content in order to list pages in their massive keyword–based indices. They also need to have access to a crawlable link structure—a structure that lets spiders browse the pathways of a website—in order to find all of the pages on a website. (To get a peek into what your site's link structure looks like, try running your site through Open Site Explorer.) Hundreds of thousands of sites make the critical mistake of hiding or burying their main link navigation in ways that search engines cannot access. This hinders their ability to get pages listed in the search engines' indices

RashidS

Postby RashidS » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:33 am

Internal links are the links from one page to another page of the same domain.
They help users to navigate from one page to another page in a website. Internal links are most useful for establishing site architecture and spreading link juice

Return to “SEO Forum”