How many backlinks a month Google allows?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
ivolga

How many backlinks a month Google allows?

Postby ivolga » Wed May 24, 2006 8:24 am

Hi,

Now we do active link exchange and we receive 300 backlinks a month but we worry if it can lower our PR instead of improving it.

Who knows how many backlinks a month Google allows?

directorycontest.com

Thanks.

peterko

Google ranking

Postby peterko » Wed May 24, 2006 8:42 am

Hi ivolga,

Just be careful with the number of backlinks.
I can't tell you exactly how many allowed, but their number it very important. I think hundreds of them per day is too much. Don't make Google to think you have a link farm or something like that.

I would suggest you to do it slowly but surely. Google doesn't like when something happen on the site very fast.

Have a great day
from http://www.SupremeDeal.com
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

TravelandHoliday

Postby TravelandHoliday » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:16 pm

That's also my concern. I created a site on Sep and now have about 500 backlinks. Is that too much? Thanks!

peterko

Back links to improve PR

Postby peterko » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:12 am

Hi xc06,

I don't know if 500 back links for about 2 month could be or could not be too much, can't tell you excactly. (That's about 10 links per day. It might be OK)

What I would suggest is, don't concentrate to much on the number of those links, try to pay attention on their quality, that's is the most important. A smaller number of good quality relevant links will bring you more benefits than a bigger number of not relevant links.

I think, Google will more appreciate back links with a relevant content and it eventually raise your website ranking faster.

Have a great day,
Last edited by peterko on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am

You can usually spare up to about 100 per day with google and the rest. but then again, I have seen some sites that will get about 10,000 in one day and google not care. If I were you, do not worry about it and just keep working on your links. Never fall for anything that will promise you a large amount of links in one day. As for your PR, it will not help you PR if you get a lot of lower PR sites to link to yours and you link to them. You need to link and get links from high PR sites in order to help you PR!

TravelandHoliday

Postby TravelandHoliday » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:20 pm

Thanks for the useful info....

I've taken my site off from quite many PR0 links. Better to be conservative.

neilb

Postby neilb » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:06 am

yeah, when i started working where i am now, they had loads of clients websites, but none of them had a link to us for one reason or another. I sorted it so most of the sites we have done now have a link to us on every page (not done all yet). Point is, we went from about 150 links to 4000 overnight, and it didnt hurt us at all.

neilb

Postby neilb » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:07 am

thought i would mentino though... google STILL only shows us as having 16 incoming links. Damn google :)

coolzs

Postby coolzs » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:03 pm

What if you are getting one way links mainly instead of exchanging links?

20 links via link exchange can be too many, but if 20 one way links, I think its ok.

Eavesy

Postby Eavesy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:32 pm

300 links a month sounds ok, when you get thousands and thousands all at once your site will get flagged (I think)!
Owner of The SEO Company

peterko

Google PR and links

Postby peterko » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:01 am

Based on my experience, simply increasing the number of back-links doesn't make a big difference to your PR or ranking, if those links have no content relationship with your site, and especcially when you link to the bad quality sites (with low PR, suspecious content like gambling, SPAM, drug selling, etc.). Such links can make your site even worse. So link exchange have to be more selective.

I guess I'm not the only one who think that way.

Have a great day :)

contactkvijay

Dont worry too much in backlinks

Postby contactkvijay » Mon May 18, 2009 2:41 am

Dont concentrate too much on backlinks as some one said before...

I have site which has just 10 backlinks...but still in the first page in google for past 3 months for certain keywords page for

YooHee

Postby YooHee » Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 am

i think you should link build your site more, i think 300 is not enough :D
All you need to know about you Social Security Card

peterko

Re: Dont worry too much in backlinks

Postby peterko » Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 pm

contactkvijay wrote:Dont concentrate too much on backlinks as some one said before...

I have site which has just 10 backlinks...but still in the first page in google for past 3 months for certain keywords page for

That's very interesting. What site you're talking about? Can you give URL to see the site? May be you have special technology of how to raise the SERP without building some backlinks, can you share it, please?

Have a great day

therence

Postby therence » Mon May 18, 2009 3:53 pm

As for everybody's concern:

"When it comes to getting backlinks to a very new website, a lot of webmasters say to go slow. The speed at which your website gets backlinks, especially those from very high Page Rank pages, matters a lot in the success of your website in terms of SEO as well as page rank.

A lot of webmasters say there is a Speed Limit in getting backlinks to a website which, when crossed, alarms Google to check if your website is involved in getting automated backlinks or other blackhat link building systems".

Check out the WHOLE article.
www.hide-my-ip.com - Mask IP, protect your privacy and cover your tracks!

Return to “Google”