Considerations before Purchasing a Domain Name

Domain Names are an important part of SEO. Discuss anything domain name related from registration to grabbing expired domains.
roxxy

Considerations before Purchasing a Domain Name

Post by roxxy »

To have your own website you must have a unique domain name. Thousand of domain name is being reserved everyday. So you may not get your desired domain name free that usually occurs. In case of such situation you have to choose the alternate domain name nearly relevant to you fist choice. you may use "-" between two words. Or there are many extension such as .net,.info etc available you may choose the best one that suits you best. There are many site online that provide that provide free domain name if you purchase hosting from them and offers many special offer. You may also visit their services and then take final decision.

roxxy

Re

Post by roxxy »

Thanks for the Tips

roxxy

Re

Post by roxxy »

I will do so Thanks again

BTDINO

Post by BTDINO »

vistadivine wrote:I will like to add one more thing. Always register your domain names with your most important keywords and always seperate each keywords with hyphens. As an example consider that you want to have a search engine optimization website then register the domain as:

www.search-engine-optimization.com

Akash Kumar
Don't use hyphens google does not like them I test this in the echolist directory seocontest I bought echolistdirectory.com and echolist-directory.com I won with echolistdirectory.com use much less links then the dashed domain check it out your self with a search for echolist directory

roxxy

Re

Post by roxxy »

Yes that is a common problem

Marcus Westberg

Post by Marcus Westberg »

Without hyphens is the right way to do it.
Google sees a hyphen as a character not as a space.

rookie

hypens underscores or bust

Post by rookie »

your best choice is to opt for neither underscores or hyphens only if your 100% sure of one particular keyphase will get you the traffic your seeking....
otherwise hyphens will act to separate the words and you can score points for individual keywords