website poll

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.
venusbrown29

website poll

Postby venusbrown29 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:22 pm

[b][i] :) i have a website and i was wondering how can i get a popularity link to yahoo, if anyone can help please do. my site is

thanx

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:34 am

It sounds like they want a link from yahoo to their site.......???

dinsf2004

yahoo directory

Postby dinsf2004 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:55 pm

You can pay yahoo a yearly fee to be listed in their directory and this provides a link to your site that really will put your site on the "map" and into search engines.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:15 am

Yeah, who knows. The directory is a good bet though but kinda expensive!!

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:53 am

Whenever I get some money, I will probably spend to get on Yahoo, but that will not be for a while!

Glitzz

Re: yahoo directory

Postby Glitzz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:37 am

dinsf2004 wrote:You can pay yahoo a yearly fee to be listed in their directory and this provides a link to your site that really will put your site on the "map" and into search engines.

How much is the yearly? aprox'

when ever I try to look up the costs for submissions for sites like yahoo, google whatever it always seems like you have to pay monthly its confusing to me.. i must be retarded..

My site is new and im just trying to gain some kind of exposure..NEED MONEY garsh darn it!

One other question.. lets say i pay to submit to yahoo.. will by site only get shown on yahoos searches or is yahoo connected with other search engines and it will show there too? or have the possibility of showing there too?

Thankx in advace for the help love.

And look im gonna throw my website around as much as i can maybe get noticed!! lol

http://www.glitzzjewelry.com !! mention this forum post if ya buy sumthin and Ill give you a discount on sumfin!!!

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am

Glitzz,

Here is the deal....Yahoo charges you $299 per year to be listed on their directory. The monthy cost for google is for their sponsored searches. That can be very costly because its pay per click if its the right thing you are talking about. You can get into Yahoo for free if you get links to your site from sites that are already listed in Yahoo. Other search engines use the yahoo search results so you should be good if you get in there. There are many free directories that you should submit to first before paying for Yahoo! Try and submit to DMOZ, it will take a very long time and you are not guaranteed inclusion, but it cant hurt because its free! Good luck!

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:48 pm

Thank you for that point Vista!

probafix

Re: website poll

Postby probafix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:23 am

This is a great thread with a lot of knowledge..

Thank you
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

sholing

Postby sholing » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:18 am

Yes we need to pay some money to them ,but not sure how much money....

cfoo

Postby cfoo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Getting a backlink from Yahoo.com? That may be possible only if you submit to their directory.

Return to “Yahoo Search”