Certain Keyword Not Working in Google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
hugged2death

Certain Keyword Not Working in Google

Post by hugged2death »

I have a website (link below) and it seems to be okay in the keywords "modern pillows" and "contemporary pillows" but those keywords are not searched often. I really want it to show when searching for "decorative pillows" but for some reason, it doesnt. Can anyone tell me why, and how i can fix this? "Decorative pillows" has been my first keyword since it ever got online, but it doesnt show in the 770 pages google gets when searching for it. Am i doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. :wink:
Last edited by hugged2death on Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Thank You vistadivine, but however my question was why "decorative pillows" wasn't working and when "modern pillows" and "contemporary pillows" were working. And the second part was what i was doing wrong with "decorative pillows" and how i could fix it. But thank you again for that detailed breakdown. :)

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Oh, well then that's okay. But if you are the owner or worker of your seo website, I would try to place more emphasis on explaining more and luring a customer to buy a service, and not simply stating please use my service bc its too much work. I find it a more professional approach to advertising rather than trying to get customers in each thread started.

Sorry, but I am not interested, and i thought it would be some direct answer without analyzation needed.

viradian

Post by viradian »

Hugged2death-

The reason that your site is not placing as high for decorative pillows as it is for modern or contemporary pillows is because the keyword phrase "decorative pillows" is, by far, a much more competitive term.

I have a similar problem with my site...I would love to place high for the keyword "bed pillows" but that keyword phrase is so popular, it takes time, link building and optimizing before I rank anywhere for a word that competitive.

The thing to do is to optimize your site for less sought after keywords and generate traffic that way. And if you take some of Vista's advice about ranking in Google, you may be able to raise your listing for the keywords "decorative pillows" in the future.

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

My problem is that it doesnt even show up when searching for "decorative pillows" I can understand if its on page 70, but it isnt even on page 70. So for now, I am just trying to get it to show up when i search for it, im not expecting it to be ranked high or anything... :cry:

viradian

Post by viradian »

I know what you mean, I am having the same problem...Google says it has my pages indexed, but I'll go 700 pages into the search and not see my site...

What's worse is that I will see other sites, that are completely off topic being placed and my site not showing up.

I just think it takes time to raise your placement...For example, in Yahoo, I was placed on Page 7 for Latex Pillows, recently, I've moved up to page 3...I think it just takes time...

kremit

Post by kremit »

Sounds like the things to do in this situation:

Make sure your site is search engine friendly (also dont useruse keywords)
Get good links to your site, with the anchor text being your keywords
Read the ranking factors vistadivine posted, and optimize those

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Okay, thanks to everyone who answered/helped answer my question. I guess decorative pillows is just a really competitive keyword and it takes a while. SEO is so not good for a teenager to do...

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Its not that its not possible, but for a valedictorian of a junior class, an intership and medical rounds 3 times a week, and extra curricular activities, I would say SEO is a big load to carry for me. It really sucks...

viradian

Post by viradian »

Impressive work load!

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Wow, a teenager and SEO expert with an online business. Also very impressive. :D

viradian

Post by viradian »

Well, I am far from a teenager, I am not an SEO expert, and I'm just trying to learn a few things from this board....Thanks for the help!

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Yes, this is really a good place to ask questions, and as you can see, through just one question that i had asked about decorative pillows, i learned a whole bunch of good answers! This forum is really great. :D

hugged2death

Post by hugged2death »

Okay, so now that my PR5 seems pretty stable, should i start expecting to see my website appear when i search for "decorative pillows" ? Because currently, my site is at PR5, and it is still not showing up within the first 200 results for "decorative pillows". This very thread pops up when i search "decorative pillows" Also, my other keywords have been dropped. "Modern pillows" and "contemporary pillows" dont even show up anymore. What's going on? I would rather have PR0 if it shows up on google, instead of PR5 and having it not show up on google...

Someone tell me whats going on!

littlephoenix

Post by littlephoenix »

so how are them pillows selling by the way :-P