Getting all pages listed on google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
xerouk

Getting all pages listed on google

Postby xerouk » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:02 am

I've just purchased a domain, and would like to get all the pages listed on google. The reason I would like all the pages indexed is so that I can use google search for the site, I do not have php or mysql in my hosting package so doing a largetext search in mysql is not an option. Also I think it could help generate revenue with the sponsored searchs.

So my questions are,

1) How do I get google to index all the pages on my site ? (I've done the site map and stuff)

2) How do I make sure the google robots index the site often enough to make the search up to date? (I already try to add a page every other day)

3) What link exchanges are recommended to get to the top of google, I currently use link market for my other sites, but would like some more to use as well.

viradian

Postby viradian » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:41 am

Use Google Site Maps to create an xml sitemap file and submit it to google...it will help google find all of your pages and if you update your content often enough, google will visit and reindex you site often...

xerouk

Postby xerouk » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:02 am

"Use Google Site Maps to create an xml sitemap file and submit it to google...it will help google find all of your pages and if you update your content often enough, google will visit and reindex you site often..."

Thanks viradian, I will do this daily from today, I notice that it is advisable to keep the title different for each site.

vista I'll look into your offer soon, Just wanted to know would the listings be in revevant topic areas as google reconmends? as $60 is not that much for 200 links, so could be worth the investment.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks Carl

www.foodo.co.uk online takeaway menus

richb

Postby richb » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:30 pm

It really hard to get listed all your site to Google, even you work hard to submit directory and exchange list. Sometime it need to depend of time.

richb

Postby richb » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:34 am

All your site been listed?

Joseph James

Postby Joseph James » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:33 am

My site was indexed by google even before i submitted it to google. At that time it was not ready to be crawled. And got the wrong page. The structure itself is deferent now. Will this affect my sites PR in any way? Samt happened with yahoo too.

xerouk

Postby xerouk » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:44 am

That was my problem, I purchased the site from a rubber stamp company and was indexed as rubber stamps and not a takeaway menu site.

That was just one of the many reasons including wanting to use google search for my site for getting the site indexed asap.

Here was my solution, i'm still not fully indexed but at least i'm a takeaway and fastfood menu site now:

1. Open a google account. https://www.google.com/accounts/
2. Go to the webmaster tools section, added my site www.foodo.co.uk or your case, your site.
3. Register my site on dmoz.org (all major search engines take data from this site)
4. Submit a google site map, I used the free sitemap tool from www.xml-sitemaps.com
5. Wait about 2 days.
6. type my domain in google, all was fine, and a few pages indexed (only on some of the data centres).

Doing the above got the google index changed to the menu site from rubber stamps in only 2 days, (UK data centre).

I'm not sure what it would do to your page rank.

My site is a work in progress but I think the indexing should begin as early as possible even if in progress, as you can always add redirect pages to the new site.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:03 am

Yeah, I agree, you will not get indexed in DMOZ before Google or any search engine for that matter. It takes a lot of time, sometimes up to 6 months or more to get listed in DMOZ. Its a waste of time and dont count on it!

xerouk

Postby xerouk » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:56 am

I did not realise it would take so long for DMOZ, must have got lucky with google and the sitemaps, maybe the adsense code on the site helps google who knows.

vistadivine, i'll pm you over the weekend as i will be purchasing the submission to the directories this weekend. it takes to long to list them one by one, I've got to get content on the site first to keep my content providers happy, then its seo all the way.
Global WarmingAwareness2007 http://www.global-warmingawareness2007.biz

Return to “Google”