Google's "site is unsafe"?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
nenene

Google's "site is unsafe"?

Post by nenene »

For the last couple of days, I have noticed that when I run a cache query in Google to see if a certain web page has been indexed yet, I get a warning from Norton Internet Security that the site is unsafe because of "Drive-by Downloads," which Norton defines as follows: "A drive-by download is computer code that takes advantage of a software bug in a Web browser to make it do something that the attacker wants—such as run malicious code, crash the browser, or read data from the computer. Software bugs that are open to browser attacks are also known as vulnerabilities."

And here is the complete report. Please note that none of the sites referenced in /search?q=cache:... are the site that whose Google cache I was checking.

wildnettechnologies

Post by wildnettechnologies »

I did not noticed this.. but I ll see this..

gomziwms45

Post by gomziwms45 »

I also saw this problem earlier twice but don't understand because google is meant to be safest place in the internet.
[url=http://www.seek4shopping.co.uk/]Price Comparison Engine[/url]

cecille20

Post by cecille20 »

I never encounter any problem like this. And maybe your anti virus or computer has the problem :)

KrazyG

Post by KrazyG »

I haven't experienced that one yet. Did you scan your computer to check for some virus infections? I guess it has something to do with your computer. If it's not on your computer, try to do it in a different computer and see if the result is the same.
[url=http://www.qualitymatters.com/Barbeque-and-Grill-s/90.htm]Weber BBQ Grills[/url]

Alex.M

Post by Alex.M »

never had these kind of problems

Ka-canor

Post by Ka-canor »

Same here dude there is no problem regards with this Google site.

medbook

Post by medbook »

I didn't know this, thanks for sharing the info.
[url=http://www.medbook.md/]Medbook, Medical & Health Blog[/url]

chauhan

Re: Google's "site is unsafe"?

Post by chauhan »

nenene wrote:For the last couple of days, I have noticed that when I run a cache query in Google to see if a certain web page has been indexed yet, I get a warning from Norton Internet Security that the site is unsafe because of "Drive-by Downloads," which Norton defines as follows: "A drive-by download is computer code that takes advantage of a software bug in a Web browser to make it do something that the attacker wants—such as run malicious code, crash the browser, or read data from the computer. Software bugs that are open to browser attacks are also known as vulnerabilities."

And here is the complete report. Please note that none of the sites referenced in /search?q=cache:... are the site that whose Google cache I was checking.
Try to run cache query in other browser. It might helps you. Right now I am facing problem with my Firefox so I have downloaded Google Chrome. You can also try it.

probafix

Post by probafix »

Google is Safe for me...
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

SexyTracey

Post by SexyTracey »

I also haven't experienced that.. don't know the reasons why it happened to you... but maybe it is on your site?

dakco

Post by dakco »

I dont think so, There is must some problem of Norton.

davdatatech

Post by davdatatech »

No it is not possible. Because google more safe place.

iamscottj

Post by iamscottj »

I dont think that any of the Google site is unsafe. Its simply because the site might have cached a page where it downloads a virus. This may have caused the page to get a false warning. The cache server might be just the same which might have been with your case.

animalsmile

Post by animalsmile »

I've seen some truly suspicious sites being warned by Google to be "unsafe". Even on search result of Google, that "unsafe" warning was included too. But for all of those warnings I've seen, I don't see Norton or something. I don't think too that Norton has some deal with Google.
Dog Beds on Sale full selection of pet beds at reasonable prices, free shipping & special discounts.