getting out of the sandbox

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Disparador

getting out of the sandbox

Postby Disparador » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:10 am

Another issue on the sandbox.
I launched a web like 3 months www.armas.es, after one month it was like on page 7, then it moved slowly up, now it is on page 2 in Google.
So I assume that the sandbox is sort of a "slow" release.

Disparador

Postby Disparador » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:48 am

montux wrote:The only reason i think is "google ranks older pages first" If you have brand new domain than you may have to wait for one year for best position.

Hi Montux, the site I registered some 10 month ago, but I launched it 3 month ago.

The question now for me is how far the site www.armas.es will climb up the ranking competing against older sites.

Regards

hugged2death

Postby hugged2death » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:56 pm

Hey, i just learned something new today! I always thought that my website was failing horribly in google, but since it is new (since june 2006) im guessing its expected to be low right? Its not even ranked for my main keywords. So it will be later as my website grows older right? I hope so.

richb

Postby richb » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:17 am

But it is really hard to rank high with certain keywork in google. So may need to wait any see......

viradian

Postby viradian » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:36 pm

I'm not ranked for my main keywords either...but I hope to be soon....my time in the sandbox should expire pretty soon.

markov

Postby markov » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:40 pm

I think a lot depends on the age factor. Moreover the back links from the relevant sites also matter a lot.

Return to “Google”