Link Popularity Checker Querie re: Google Links

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
eSparkles

Link Popularity Checker Querie re: Google Links

Postby eSparkles » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 am

Hiya Everyone

I wondered if i could get a little bit of info on the link popularity checker results for my site.

The first domain i bought and submitted to search engines was an adult store and i did this around march 2005. On october 15 2005 its PR went up to 2 .. but it only had a small amount of backlinks.

I decided to close that in august this year and focus on more family friendly products. I bought a new domain and set up a new business. I submitted it to search engines in august and I paid someone to submit to a load of directories for me and now have quite a few backlinks according to your link popularity checker.

I thought that it was a waste having the old adult store domain name and not doing anything with it, and seeing as it didnt have an 18+ name i 'parked' it on the new site.

Since i have done this, the link popularity checker has shown more than its original 56 links on the adult domain name .. it now shows 110 .. however .. since the start it has only ever had 3 in the google column and has never got any higher.

When i put in the new family friendly domain name and check the links on that, it shows 2221 .. but again it only shows 3 in the google column.

How do i get links in the google one .. and does it even matter that there is only 3 ? .. and what about that HotBot/Inktomi column .. on both the old site and new one, there is 0 links on that .. does that make a difference?

I am sorry for rambling, but wasnt sure if the above information was relevant or not .. and if those questions seem a bit daft, then i apologise in advance .. i have to be honest, SEO kinda makes my head want to explode lol

Many Thanks for any info you can give
Erica xx

80smusic

Postby 80smusic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:14 am

I've had the same tihing happen to my site. I think its due to the fact that google tries to filter out bad quality links and only displays the highest PR and best quality links. You will probably find that the msn column has the most.

If you type "links: yoursite.com/co.uk" into google without www. it should show all the links.

hope that helps

eSparkles

Postby eSparkles » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:45 pm

Thank you fadetoblack22 and appraisal57 for your replies ..

fadetoblack22 .. i tried that link thing you sent .. it says 33 links at the top .. but shows 3 because the other 30 are similar or something lol
re: the msn one being the highest .. it alternates between that one and altavista .. yesterday altavista was higher by about 50 links .. today msn is higher by about 20 .. can you tell that i am hooked on checking the links lolol .. its amazing how much they have increased in the past 3 weeks (gawd knows why tho, i havnt submitted to any more in those weeks)

appraisal57 .. thank you for that link .. i have signed up and am waiting to receive my link to download the chapters .. i have also signed up to the newsletters etc.

Erica xx

richb

Postby richb » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Google didn't offen update the backlink count. And Google count on quality rather than total link. So you will always see more backlink in yahoo, msn but only few in google. Especially your domain still new. Me myself getting few month to see from 0 to 40 plus in goole. So be patienl and continue to build your link.

If you want to submit more link to directory, PM me and i will give you a quote for direcotory submission.

Return to “Google”