how do i know how much traffic internal pages are getting

Please only post Search Engine and Webmaster Related stuff.
kdtuber

how do i know how much traffic internal pages are getting

Post by kdtuber »

How do i find out how many hits I'm getting on individual pages of my site? I have access to Lunarpages webalizer dealy but can't find any statistics like that on there. also, how do i track where users are coming from?

kdtuber

analytics

Post by kdtuber »

i have that but i don't see how that applies to my question. where do i go? what do you know that i don't?

vijaygupta

Re: analytics

Post by vijaygupta »

kdtuber wrote:i have that but i don't see how that applies to my question. where do i go? what do you know that i don't?
Hi kdtuber,
No need to get worried, you just go to statcounter.com and get registered their, after accomplishment of all process that will be suggested by the site, you will get a code. Now just copy and paste that code into the pages which you want to track......

Remember the code should be pasted in body of the page.

kdtuber

worth a shot

Post by kdtuber »

thank you guys for your help, i'll head on over to that site. I found some code on google analytics and pasted it into the site. the pages are .php but i'm not sure what the differance is between a static php and dynamic php page is. (i didnt create the site, i'm just maintaining it). there are codes for each and i figured i'd try the static code. now on google analytics it still says that no tracking has been validated or installed but may take 24 hours so i'll wait till tomorrow to see. can anybody go to the site in my signature and tell me if the home page (index.php) is static or dynamic? I would appreciate that greatly!
-Kevin Tuber

kdtuber

Post by kdtuber »

oh and can i have both googles tracking code and the statcounter code on the same page (with both just before the </body> one after another?

vijaygupta

Post by vijaygupta »

Hi Kevin,
Your site is a dynamic site, as it's developed in php. The stats code that I suggested you will give you information about hits your site is getting, with the moment you install is successfully on your pages.

Good Luck :)

kdtuber

Post by kdtuber »

i owe you lots. thanks.
-kevin tuber

vijaygupta

Post by vijaygupta »

kdtuber wrote:i owe you lots. thanks.
-kevin tuber
Thanks Kevin :wink:

kdtuber

Post by kdtuber »

quick question. on the internal links sectin of the statscounter, do i need to include every internal url that i placed the code in? ex. www.mydomain.com/products, www.mydomain.com/technology, www.mydomain.com/contactus ?

vijaygupta

Post by vijaygupta »

Will you please make it more clear, I could not understand.

kdtuber

Post by kdtuber »

Sure. I went to the "came from" page and it has a list of where visitors came from, and at the bottom there is a section titled "Internal Links set for this project (update in 'installation and configuration' > 'edit settings'):" and then a list of links and in my case they are:'http://www.autodealerinstitute.com'
'http://www.autodealerinstitute.com/encyclopedia.php'
'http://www.autodealerinstitute.com/alliances.php'

my question is do i have to add each url to that list in order to receive tracking information. I added the last two myself but there are many urls that i could still add (just wasn't sure if it was necessary or not). I hope that is clear enough...I'm not too sure what the internal links set are used for. Thanks in advance!
-Kevin Tuber

vijaygupta

Post by vijaygupta »

Dear Kevin,
Just no need to do anything, if you have pasted the code into index page, it will give you the hit information for rest pages.....

Vijay :wink:

kdtuber

Post by kdtuber »

fantastic. thank you once again! I think I can take it from here :D
-Kevin Tuber