PPC Advice for Beginners

For discussion of cost-per-click (CPC) engines, such as Yahoo! and Google Adwords.
Organs

PPC Advice for Beginners

Post by Organs »

As we’ve briefly discussed before, there are many advantages of promoting your business with Pay per Click advertising; but at the same time, there are also some catches that PPC newbies should look out for.

How PPC works is that the advertisers have to setup an account with Google and/or Yahoo first. Once the accounts are ready, the advertisers then can start building up their Campaigns, AdGroups, Ads, keywords, and so on. The account managers at Google and Yahoo then will look after the accounts and make sure everything works (no violations of guidelines, ads are showing up, etc).

At this point, a lot of advertisers will assume that everything is done, and they can just sit at home waiting to count their cash. Well, that maybe the case in fairytale wonderlands, but definitely not in the world we live in. The reality is, a lot of times the teams at Google and Yahoo get so overwhelmed by their work and they lost tracks of what have been done and what hasn’t, resulting in a lot of updates being not approved (because no one had reviewed them).

This is more of a problem with Google than with Yahoo. With Yahoo’s system, if the newly submitted updates are still under review, you can see their status being �oeeditorial pending”. If it’s been ten days since you first submitted your update and the status is still �oeeditorial pending”, you know someone has forgotten to do their job. Just send an email to your account manager at Yahoo and state what the problem is and the problem should be sorted out in a day or two.

Google is somewhat different. Once you’ve submitted an update to Google, you will immediately see its status being �oeactive”, same as all the existing ads, keywords, ad groups you have. So if after ten days and you are still getting no impressions from the new update, and you intuitively check to see if the update is actually running, and when all you can see is it being �oeactive”, you will just think �oeOh, I guess no one has searched for it yet”, when in fact, Google’s just forgot to review them.

So monitor your accounts frequently, and the moment you sense something’s weird, fire an email to your account manager. Don’t be shy to send multiple emails in a day if that’s what it takes to get things fixed.

Summary : As we’ve briefly discussed before, there are many advantages of promoting your business with Pay per Click advertising; but at the same time, there are also some catches that PPC newbies should look out for.

source: http://www.articlesnatch.com/

sammy

Post by sammy »

Nice article.I have created a blog ,you can see it in my signature..if you can just review it.And check whether i should apply for Ad sense or not.

SanWay

Post by SanWay »

Unfortunately, I tried PPC but without much success. maybe I was not so experienced as I am now so it's time to try it again. Thanks a lot for the post.

james121

Re: PPC Advice for Beginners

Post by james121 »

Organs wrote:As we’ve briefly discussed before, there are many advantages of promoting your business with Pay per Click advertising; but at the same time, there are also some catches that PPC newbies should look out for.

source: http://www.articlesnatch.com/
this is very very nice post ever seen in this forum , and i would like to give and read that like your post. you have great knowledge of this field.

leahmarie

Post by leahmarie »

Thanks for the tips, this will guide me on my quest to be successful in my PPC campaign.

mdamin76

Post by mdamin76 »

CPC program is a kind of platform for faster traffic.

Jonhost

Post by Jonhost »

Thanks for the post.

deborah brown

Post by deborah brown »

Payper click is not too hard to do and it really helps the earning,to set up an account and then start doing it does take too much f time either.Thanks for discussing the detailed study of the same to help novices understand and then start earning from it.

sanjaysinghpatwal

Post by sanjaysinghpatwal »

hmmmmm it is very useful article for ppc beginners

aditi35

Post by aditi35 »

Very true that ppc engines are excellent in some circumstances but they are not cost effective.Anyway thanks for sharing your views.

andrew69

Post by andrew69 »

PPC can be very costly way to get traffic. If you are starting new, start with a small budget.

lose tummy fat

madhuri_vats

Post by madhuri_vats »

PPC is not good for small companies because you have to spend more money than SEO. And SEO will give you more visitors than PPC.

jackyjardon

Post by jackyjardon »

Thanks to recognize the type. I will make another post later today.

okuniform11

Re:

Post by okuniform11 »

SanWay wrote:Unfortunately, I tried PPC but without much success. maybe I was not so experienced as I am now so it's time to try it again. Thanks a lot for the post.
Always compare CPC and number of clicks per month before starting any PPC compaign.

celinocayo

Post by celinocayo »

PPC tips
-Create Dynamic Titles
-Avoid Broad Keywords
-Test Different Ads
-Tracking and Conversion
-Stick with Your Budget