Google Crawling

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Zilina

Google Crawling

Postby Zilina » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:26 pm

Why doesn't Google crawl all of my clients webpages? The SE's have crawled the top page and just a few other web pages, last time in december. I can't find no reason why. The website uses ASP.net with aspx-links but a few of these aspx-links is crawled by these SE's. I checked in cached pages and with lynx that outgoing links exists in the top page. Is it possible that for example cookies can stop SE's to crawled further? Lynx asks me to agree to some cookies.

Before, the navigation left menu was in javascript-links but though we changed that a couple a months ago there is no change in crawling.

viradian

Postby viradian » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:52 pm

not sure how old any of these sites are, but Google takes their sweet time. I had my home page indexed for months, and none of my internal pages were in the index.

I cannot guarantee that this will work, but I opened an adwords account and ran a few ads. Within a week, my entire site was indexed.

harrysmith

Postby harrysmith » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:44 am

Hello zilina,

I don’t think having a ADwords account will help in indexing; what will help is getting high PR relevant backlinks for inner pages also. Make sure your internal linking is properly set with no broken links.
Submit xml sitemap, check your robots.txt file you may have done something wrong init.

I think java based navigation menu may have affected you, spiders are little hard with javascript. May be this is reason why your pages were not index till yet.

Merry xmas!!! :D

viradian

Postby viradian » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:32 am

I want to point out that the Adwords helped me, but you have to do all those other things first. Make sure your site is optimized. Good structure. Good content. No broken links, etc.

Return to “Google”