My Site Ranking on Yahoo is up and down like a Yo-Yo

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.
leoleo

My Site Ranking on Yahoo is up and down like a Yo-Yo

Postby leoleo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:34 am

Hi
Can someone please provide me with comments and re-assurance regarding my site's ranking in Yahoo.
For an important 2 keyword search on the UK pages of yahoo, my site was ranked 285th two weeks ago. Since then I have done a lot of work on opitmisation etc and it seemed to have worked.
Last week, it eventually found it's way up to 16th (for about one hour) before moving lower down to around 62nd. It then moved back up to 22nd, before moving back down to 250th. It's now ranked around 57th.
Can someone tell me what is going on here and if this is common. I don't want to make any more optimisation changes to my site because I think I have made enough to get it quite high.

Many Thanks

Neil

viradian

Postby viradian » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:49 am

Yahoo may be doing some sort of update. I've seen some of my high listed keywords jumping up and down over the last 2 weeks. It should right itself soon.

leoleo

Postby leoleo » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:53 am

Thanks viradian
I hope you are right..hopefully it will settle down soon.

Thanks

Neil

viradian

Postby viradian » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 am

I hope so too, I'm losing traffic because of the fluctuations...

aconstas1

Re: My Site Ranking on Yahoo is up and down like a Yo-Yo

Postby aconstas1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:45 pm

leoleo wrote:Last week, it eventually found it's way up to 16th (for about one hour) before moving lower down to around 62nd. It then moved back up to 22nd, before moving back down to 250th. It's now ranked around 57th.
Neil

That's why it's called Yahoo... it means Yo Yo in Danish.

Surveillance systems
Restaurant and Retail POS systems

manmachine

Postby manmachine » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:47 am

depending if you add new content to youre site can increase / decrease youre rankings check if you constatly update if that makes youre rankings more steady and stable! Good Luck

leoleo

Postby leoleo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:51 am

Thanks for the message.
My site is now 10th for crictical search terms. I hope it will not yoyo (yahoo) back down again.

Leo

PhotoGaz

Postby PhotoGaz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:16 pm

I think that more and more people are getting wise to the optimisation proccess and this is giving all the positions inconsistancies for all websites. Furthermore there seem to be more SEO companies offering web optimisation. This obviously is big business at present!!!
seeing the whole image!
www.perfectportraits.net

peterko

Optimizations

Postby peterko » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:21 pm

I think that more and more people are getting wise to the optimisation proccess and this is giving all the positions inconsistancies for all websites.

Search engines always gave optimized websites some kind of priorities, but I don't think so getting more otimized sites on the market could through your site, let say, from position 62 to 22 then to 250 and then 57 within reletevely short time. I think, that might happen by any reasons: some of them could be because Yahoo updating algorythm, also webmaster could do something wrong by updating the site, that might cause loosing ranking, comparing to the other sites, it could be any different reasons.
It seems to me, the most important is the following, if something like that happen, webmasters should keep working on the sites improvements which include optimization, getting more good quality relevant backlinks and so on. It will bring success sooner or later.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

meaganandersen

Re: My Site Ranking on Yahoo is up and down like a Yo-Yo

Postby meaganandersen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 am

It's actually normal to rank up and down especially if your website is still new or still being onpaged. Try to link build authority links to make the foundation of your website strong to avoid having flunctuations in the future.
Huge Payouts and Jackpots only at Online cas1n0

Return to “Yahoo Search”