I can't get google ranked at all

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Paul64

I can't get google ranked at all

Postby Paul64 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:44 am

This is driving me bonkers. It has been weeks now, and not a single pick up by google. Why is this? I have the meta tags, keywords, links etc, but absolutely nothing noticed by google. Some of the other engines are noticing me though.

Regards,

Paul

BizEngine

Postby BizEngine » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:55 am

It is not unusual to see pages being indexed by Google after a period of time.

I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process. Also, I believe quality inbound links will also improve the time to indexing.

Regards,
Say Kin Lee
BizEngine
Building Value-Assets on the Web

Paul64

Postby Paul64 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:59 am

BizEngine wrote:It is not unusual to see pages being indexed by Google for a period of time.

I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process.

Thanks, I have heard about this, but how do you get such high traffic volume if you are not picked up by google in the first place?

BizEngine

Postby BizEngine » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:28 am

I've been thinking about this for quite some time.

I've tried the following trying to increase my link popularity and to draw traffic - it's still a nightmare.
1. Get incoming links from existing clients or friends.
2. Participate in online forums with company's signature (with url).
3. Sent articles to ezinearticles.com (with url).
4. Created an account with newsvine.com (with url).
5. Submit to DMOZ and other directories.
6. Subscribe to some affilates products
7. Subscribe to Google Analytics, Adsense, Base and Google Web Master Tools to submit my sitemap.
8. I've also participated in some local free classifieds.
9. Blogging

I find it very challenging to increase my link popularity. Maybe create one ebook product and sell it thru affilate marketing will help - I think.

Paul64 wrote:
BizEngine wrote:It is not unusual to see pages being indexed by Google for a period of time.

I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process.

Thanks, I have heard about this, but how do you get such high traffic volume if you are not picked up by google in the first place?
BizEngine

Paul64

Postby Paul64 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:09 am

Thanks Say Kin Lee,

I have tried a lot of that. However, the site map has been difficult. I can generate a site map, but I don't understand the language as to where to put it on my site. I use netobjects fusion. I have been told to put my map in the public html file on my site. That means absolutely nothing to me. Can you help?

Regards,

Paul.

BizEngine

Postby BizEngine » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:49 am

What I did was to create a text file, sitemap.txt, in UTF-8 encoding with the following format:

http://www.bizengine.com.sg/index.php
http://www.bizengine.com.sg/abtus.php

Put this file in your main directory (usually public_html).
Goto Google Web Master Tools to add your site.
Once added, there will be a link "Add a Sitemap"
key in the full url of your sitemap eg http://www.bizengine.com.sg/sitemap.txt

The Google Tool will perform some verification, and you are done.

Hope this helps.

Paul64 wrote:Thanks Say Kin Lee,

I have tried a lot of that. However, the site map has been difficult. I can generate a site map, but I don't understand the language as to where to put it on my site. I use netobjects fusion. I have been told to put my map in the public html file on my site. That means absolutely nothing to me. Can you help?

Regards,

Paul.
BizEngine

Paul64

Postby Paul64 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:53 am

Thanks, but as I said I don't know where to put it. I don't undersatnd what a public html is. I have folders to my web site, but there is nothing there saying public html. Sorry if I am being thick.

Paul

BizEngine

Postby BizEngine » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:01 am

It's the main folder where the index.html or index.htm is stored.

Paul64 wrote:Thanks, but as I said I don't know where to put it. I don't undersatnd what a public html is. I have folders to my web site, but there is nothing there saying public html. Sorry if I am being thick.

Paul
BizEngine

BizEngine

Postby BizEngine » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:15 pm

My pleasure. :lol:

Paul64 wrote:Thanks for that, i will give it a try
BizEngine

picasso

Postby picasso » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:08 pm

I hate to say this but, i believe you heard about the sandbox already. For some stupid reason google has invented this. It takes a long time for google to list you. BUt one thing is learned for sure Do not submit your site to google. Let them find you. Just remember that. Good luck to you with your web site.

[Admin removed 3 URL's. PLease note you are allowed only 1 URL in your sig, or you will be removed.

Paul64

Postby Paul64 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:13 am

Thanks for the info, but why is important not to submit to google?

peterko

Google indexing

Postby peterko » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:00 am

Hi Paul,

I saw your site, and no wonder there are some Google indexing problems. Please open your view source and see what kind of mess is there in terms of meta tags:

1. The first tag in the <HEAD> should be <TITLE>,
Then, it's very important important, GET RID OF THE SECOND TITLE !!!
When Google see duplication of the tags it consider that as SPAM, like you are trying to use something that might trick search engine.

After TITLE should go Description and then Keywords.
I would also use meta tag ROBOTS

2. You use two <META NAME="Keywords" ...
Please GET RID of useless duplication, it only makes your site punished by Google.

3. <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> is also duplicated, but why do you need it?

4. You use two META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" with two different Content-Types:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> and

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

Why do you need to use "charset=windows-1252" ?

Please clean your source code !

Now the most important part:

Your site almost doesn't have text, you have mostly images.

Google is very picky. It looks at your website content and compare it with your tags (title, description, keywords ...). If it find no content at all, or very little content, but mostly images, then it doen't pay attention to your site. Or if you have some text on your site, but it's not relevant to your tags, then it consider your site has poor relevancy and doesn't pay atantion again.

Please work on your site source code and hope you will see the difference.

Have a great day,

Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Paul64

Re: Duplication

Postby Paul64 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:02 pm

peterko wrote:Sorry, my previouse posting was submitted twice. It's another duplication - ha?

Thanks Peter,

I have tried to perform some of the actions you have pointed out. However, on my Source HTML page a lot of the data is protected so I can't change it.

Whatever, you are doing with viewing my site, can you have another look to see if there is any improvement?

How do I improve content. I am a bit limited with options on my home page?

Paul

Paul64

Postby Paul64 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:31 pm

I did a search for my site this morning and found this on yahoo. Can anyone tell me why href=""target="_blank"... keeps coming up in the middle of the text?

Thanks, Paul

Tours in Transylvania by Land Rover
adventure tours in Transylvania by Land Rover. ... href="" target="_blank" ... in the heart of Eastern Europe meet fascinating people...discover Transylvania ...www.transylvania4x4tours.com - 10k - Cached - More from this site

peterko

Duplication

Postby peterko » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Paul,

I see some improvements, at least I can't see title and keyword tags duplications. That will definitelly help you. But you still have <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> duplication. It might not be such important as the other tags, but you would rather clean them too.

And the most important part, I don't see you added some relevant text on your website that could be considerd by Google as relevant to your title, description and keywords. This is the first thing Google look when make decision whether to give your site the green light or not. I would also extend the number of words in your description and may be even a title, to give Google little more options to display your site.

Hope it will help.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Return to “Google”