Sponsored Links of Google

For discussion of cost-per-click (CPC) engines, such as Yahoo! and Google Adwords.
vietnamimpressive

Sponsored Links of Google

Postby vietnamimpressive » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Dear All,
has anyone here experienced the google adwords how to be listed in the sponsor results of this search engine?

Is it the case that you just pay for the higher cost per click then you are listed?

Is a new website with low PR or even PR=0 is able to get listed for a certain keyword? if not, then what are steps you advise to follow?

Many thanks for your advice
vietnamimpressive

aconstas1

Postby aconstas1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:54 am

Submit your site to as many directories as you can to get non-reciprocal links. Then maybe pay to get listed in a PR6+ directory or two. That should get your PR up alright.

Steve m

Postby Steve m » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:10 pm

Any site can have top listing on adwords the pr or seo has no bearing on it (well it does a little as the more popular sites get higher ranking cheaper)

If you bid the highest amount for a keyword you will get listed as number 1

viradian

Postby viradian » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:58 pm

That's not entirely true...If you pay a lot for each click, you will be listed higher, but Google Adwords rewards ads that perform better. If you have written an ad that has a high click through rate, Google will place your ad listing higher, even though you are paying less than an ad running below yours.

Yahoo Sponsored search has adapted a similar system recently...rewarding better performing ads with higher positions.

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:23 pm

On Google Adwords the formula that determines your position is Click Through Rate (clicks / impressions) x Max CPC = Position, so non of the SEO factors have anything to do with the PPC system.

vietnamimpressive

Postby vietnamimpressive » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:34 am

i agreed with all of your advice. i have entered seo site of akash of vista divine to follow links to add my site to as many as possible the free directories with the hope to improve the ranking

i will try to take a higher bid and lets see how the adwords works again
thanks for your help

aconstas1

Postby aconstas1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:27 pm

vietnamimpressive wrote:i agreed with all of your advice. i have entered seo site of akash of vista divine to follow links to add my site to as many as possible the free directories with the hope to improve the ranking

i will try to take a higher bid and lets see how the adwords works again
thanks for your help

let me suggest that you break your destinations page into several pages. It might be good for SEO to have a crap ton of content on a page, but your customers aren't gonna bother and will just click to another site. Of course, this is just my personal opinion and you certainly don't have to take my word for it.

dburdon

Landing page factors

Postby dburdon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:02 am

Google also builds in landing page factors. The more relevant the page the more likely it is to convert into real business.
Simply Clicks | SEO UK

vietnamimpressive

Postby vietnamimpressive » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 am

i really donot understand the sentence by aconsta1: let me suggest that you break your destinations page into several pages - what do you mean by destination page here?

aconstas1

Postby aconstas1 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:50 pm

vietnamimpressive wrote:i really donot understand the sentence by aconsta1: let me suggest that you break your destinations page into several pages - what do you mean by destination page here?

I visited your site and was giving some feedback... Your destinations page seemed to have way too much info on it... it seemed too much for someone to soak in for just one page. Perhaps you can break it up into alphabetical or North, East, South, West... or you can just leave it how you have it. I just read an article about how people scan web pages and having that much information on one single page didn't do well in the study by the California University.

vietnamimpressive

Postby vietnamimpressive » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:18 pm

ah, now i understand well. i will try to break the destination pages into smaller ones so that it will be much easier for clients to browse the web.

anyhows i did the google adwords but i still donot have results on specific keywords, i am confused now. please can you advise

clara12

We need to address this:

Postby clara12 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:18 am

We need to address this:

http://www.healthopts.com

vietnamimpressive

Postby vietnamimpressive » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 pm

i finally found out the reason why my ad is not running. my account was suspended by google - anyone here experience the same story and do you have good solution for this?

vietnamimpressive

Postby vietnamimpressive » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:01 am

vietnamimpressive wrote:i finally found out the reason why my ad is not running. my account was suspended by google - anyone here experience the same story and do you have good solution for this?

nobody here is running google adwords? any helpful advice?

web67

Postby web67 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:19 pm

lol, i did, but got banned some months ago!

Return to “Cost-Per-Click Engines”