Choosing a Good Domain Name

Domain Names are an important part of SEO. Discuss anything domain name related from registration to grabbing expired domains.
web.hostingmadnes

Choosing a Good Domain Name

Post by web.hostingmadnes »

Hello Friends, I am Nile and wanna share some awareness while choosing a domain name.

It is expected that you consider the opinion of others about your choices of domain name to familiarize yourself with the kind of domain names that your users might prefer.
While registering a domain name that your main company website will use, I will indicate certain things that you should avoid:

1. There is a possibility of forgetting your domain name while typing the name into the browser or e-mailing you if you use a hyphen. So, avoid hyphen to reduce future problems.
2. Try not to use digits in your domain name. For example, if it is 3.com, you have to inform everyone that it is "3" instead of "three".

pauloscula

Post by pauloscula »

You missed the most important thing: try to put a keyword into your domain!

Hafsoh

Re: Choosing a Good Domain Name

Post by Hafsoh »

web.hostingmadnes wrote:Hello Friends, I am Nile and wanna share some awareness while choosing a domain name.

It is expected that you consider the opinion of others about your choices of domain name to familiarize yourself with the kind of domain names that your users might prefer.
While registering a domain name that your main company website will use, I will indicate certain things that you should avoid:

1. There is a possibility of forgetting your domain name while typing the name into the browser or e-mailing you if you use a hyphen. So, avoid hyphen to reduce future problems.
2. Try not to use digits in your domain name. For example, if it is 3.com, you have to inform everyone that it is "3" instead of "three".
The great advantage of hyphenated domain name is that search engines can distinguish your keywords better and thus return your site more prominently in search results for those keywords occurring in your domain name and also the non-hyphenated form may no longer be available, the hyphenated one will make you get the domain name you want.
Selling online made easy with Shopping Cart Software

therence

Post by therence »

A very touted idea is to choose a domain name that includes your most important keywords. The idea is that the search engines give you a boost in the search results for the words included in the domain name.
www.hide-my-ip.com - Mask IP, protect your privacy and cover your tracks!

Harmain

domain should be short

Post by Harmain »

domain should be short, try to get in nick of .com, try to keep your most common or of all pages keyword in your domain name.

jhon01

Post by jhon01 »

Hi
Multiple web sites can share a single IP address when using the HTTP protocol because the desired web site name is included in the request. This is called virtual hosting. An IP address can also be shared using HTTPS, but each domain must then be hosted on a different port in order to be able to choose the correct SSL certificate to decode the request.
Thanks!

cloudguy01

Post by cloudguy01 »

Keywords in the domain name help in boosting the rank of you site even before you start gathering links. It means it gives you an outright upper-hand when in comes to SEO. However, when it comes to branding start-ups, unique domain names which may or may not be that keyword rich would matter in case you'd want to build a brand out of that domain name you're choosing.

On the other hand, for branding or for SEO's sake, what matters is having the right mind set of making your domain name short so it can easily be remembered and is easy to spell.
HostedFTP - Cloud File Sharing

jazzpresentation

Post by jazzpresentation »

check out this website, nameboy.com it is a domain name suggesting website based on keyword searches and displays availability also.
For Presentation tips visit JazzPresentation.com

fruit

Post by fruit »

you can choose a good name by request the domain name offering sites herehttp://www.tucktail.com/i got interesting domain names

Diysolar

Post by Diysolar »

i have a well ranked website on goole . so as my experience i can say 1st select what site you wanna publish .And then use GOOGLE ADWORD TOOLBAR to find out the perfect domain name.Which searches keyword volume is larger pick that keyword as your domain name.

tommyandy

Post by tommyandy »

That's great, i will try to get one domain, noticing these awareness. :shock:

vstrategy

Post by vstrategy »

I think you must known first the proper keyword for a site. After that you can make a proper domain name for that by using the keyword that you choose.
Here are some exciting tips, just visit us
Gambling Guides

adam123

Post by adam123 »

hi all, i have real estate business.i want to developed a web site,please suggest me any good domain name which can be helpful in doing seo of this site in future,i have listen a lot please guide me more about it.

mrven

Post by mrven »

Your domain name should be catchy that makes the visitor to remember your site. Using keywords in domain name is important for seo because you could easily occupy the serp by using keyword in your domain name. More over, using exact keyword as domain name is the best practice to bring in more search visitors quickly.
Learn Tips For Money Making Online

annlight72

Post by annlight72 »

A good domain name is really important, as although people may find you site through search engines others will type it in the address bar. It needs to be memorable, revelant and short! (nobody wants to type in a long web address)