Different ranking on Google on the same Google search

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
danviettravel

Different ranking on Google on the same Google search

Postby danviettravel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi,
I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!

jayseo

Postby jayseo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 am

Yes, it happened. Searching results are depend on regions. You need to do more SEO if you want ranking in Google.com this is only the solution dear.

Dave011

Postby Dave011 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm

its only in data base issues, it shows different result on every data base.

triplezseoservices

Postby triplezseoservices » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Depend of different data center of google.

danviettravel

Postby danviettravel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Wishbone

Postby Wishbone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 am

Google has so many data centers and it more likely you two got results from different DC, they are usually not synchronized with their content so you got different result. When you are logged in in your google account is another reason...
Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking Systems - check out for tips and features to maximize its use .

doomcashdown

Postby doomcashdown » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 am

danviettravel wrote:Hi,
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!

Hello.

Here are my opinions (note: just opinions). The difference in rankings is probably because you had your personalized search enabled. You have to turn it off, or just log out of your Google account and then do the search. If it is still the same, then it is maybe because Google automatically detects some country specific words and makes them rank higher in the countries where the search has been executed. Also, it is possible that the domain Google.com detects IP addresses and tell what countries these IP addresses are located in. Thus, results may be close to what are the actual results in country domains.

If you want to rank higher for USA, then you have to build backlinks from sites that are hosted in the US.

mrandrei

Postby mrandrei » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Google has different data centers and search results vary depending on location. That's the reason why that happens.

SEOGuruNYC

Postby SEOGuruNYC » Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 am

Google results are based on your location. Each country or region provides different set of results and this is to help the person searching.

Algo is designed to help the searcher to get most relevant results. Location is based on your IP address and cookies so I am not sure if removing cookies will help but Google Webmaster Tools actually has a section where you can see where your site comes up in the search results in various regions of the world.

if you are looking for US results then you need to make sure that you have a .com site and optimize accordingly.
Engagement Rings by leading engagement ring designer Verragio

niraj11122

Postby niraj11122 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:06 am

There are similar problems which i face early year that indian google.com use the difference in usa for the same keyword, If you want to check the result which is country based than you should to have to use as a proxiside onlineanonmizar, google adword preview tool, the-clock.com etc.....

chauhan

Postby chauhan » Sun May 16, 2010 12:21 pm

First of all set your geographical location to USA in "Webmaster Tool" after that try to get quality backlinks from websites that are hosted in USA.

wuzhong

Postby wuzhong » Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 am

Search results depend on region.

my_misyel

Re: Different ranking on Google on the same Google search

Postby my_misyel » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!

Hi. Ofcourse, your search query depends on your IP, data center and location.

IntegratedS

Postby IntegratedS » Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 am

It depends where we are using...Even I find the same problem....But thanks for the answer...

mdamin76

Postby mdamin76 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Google.com won't show same results as google.com.vn

Return to “Google”