Does PR still have an Importance?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
probafix

Postby probafix » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:32 am

I have 3 websites, first one has got PR 1 and the second one has got PR 2 and the third one is a bit new so it hasn't got any PR so far. But my webmaster friends say that it doesn't matter now to have any PR and it hasn't any importance now. I don't know whether it is true or not but I think it has an importance.

Share your reviews and experience.
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

me_dna

Re: Does PR still have an Importance?

Postby me_dna » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:37 am

Page Rank is now used as a method that webmasters use to see how popular their site is comparing to others. A high PR will not bring you more traffic and it won't help you improve your Serp position. Serp is the only thing that really matters, that improves your traffic and it can be achieved with a proper on page SEO.
So you should give no importance to your site's Page Rank and you should do your best to improve Serp.

uniqueseo

Postby uniqueseo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:13 am

Hi,

Page rank is very important in SEO. It tells the website's popularity on internet.

thx

coolsam

Postby coolsam » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 pm

PR is great but the main thing to keep in mind is quality content. If you have both then the two should reflec

art814

Postby art814 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:05 pm

i think it's still have an importance especially exchange links with others

animalsmile

Postby animalsmile » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Organic traffic, serp ranking and sales are the most important for sites over PR. If you are getting decent organic traffic from Google, you should not worry about PR. There are sites with lower PR but ranks on top...
Dog Beds on Sale full selection of pet beds at reasonable prices, free shipping & special discounts.

TowerSteel

Postby TowerSteel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 am

Sure! It's still very important.

Sabrina178

Postby Sabrina178 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 am

in some instances, if you want to do banner advertising, the advertiser would check your PR as they decide

divya101101

Postby divya101101 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:37 am

I don't think so that pr is having any Importance, Just people make it more important. If you are focusing on SERp then PR doesn't effect, But If you are looking for giving space to banner advertisement then PR plays Important role.

zzj0770

Postby zzj0770 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:54 pm

seoserviceinuk

Postby seoserviceinuk » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:30 am

probafix wrote:Does PR still have an Importance?

I have 3 websites, first one has got PR 1 and the second one has got PR 2 and the third one is a bit new so it hasn't got any PR so far. But my webmaster friends say that it doesn't matter now to have any PR and it hasn't any importance now. I don't know whether it is true or not but I think it has an importance.

Share your reviews and experience.

PR has not much importance...for keywords ranking, you need to have proper organic seo and take part in social media networks as well....try niche social media sites
Social Media Services

brucecaine

Postby brucecaine » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:08 pm

If you are focus on SERp then PR doesn't consequence, But If you are expecting for giving space to banner advertising then PR plays significant role.I don't think so that pr is having any grandness, Just people make it more crucial.

ursimrankhanna

Postby ursimrankhanna » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi,
yeah pr of any website is very important. its tell about popularity of website in search engine.

ledlauzis

Postby ledlauzis » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:12 pm

A high PR will not bring you more traffic and it won't help you improve your Serp position. Serp is the only thing that really matters, that improves your traffic and it can be achieved with a proper on page SEO.

paulson

Postby paulson » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 am

PR tool bar or Actual PR?

Actual PR (algorithm) invented by Google's founders Larry Page and sergey Brin, is very important. It plays a role in serps. It is one of the important factors influencing SERPs. It is continuously updated.

Google PR Tool bar, is updated 4 times a year, it is not continuously updated thus it doesn't reflect actual PR and has nothing do with serp ranking. It gives a rough idea about the value of a page.

But the tool bar PR is used by webmasters to judge the value of a site or page.
Kavin Paulson / Internet Marketer
PSD to HTML Conversion

Return to “Google”