What is reverse SEO?

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
Jagbani

What is reverse SEO?

Postby Jagbani » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Hello Friends,
I heard about reverse seo. Please tell me what is reverse seo and how can we do it?

Thanks in Advance

my_misyel

Re: What is reverse SEO?

Postby my_misyel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Here is a definition from http://www.searchenginepartner.com/Firs ... e-seo.html

Define: Reverse SEO: (n) reverse search engine optimization (reverse seo), reverse search engine optimisation (the act of rendering a search engine's results optimal by decreasing the rank of potentially negative results or bad press) "the simultaneous optimization of intended results while decreasing or eliminating unintended results"; "in an optimization problem we seek values of the variables that lead to an optimal value of the function that is to be optimized"; "to demote the optimization and diversification of a search engine result." – Clinton Cimring, 2006

Reverse SEO is the process of removing (technically de-ranking) websites other than your own from the first pages of Google.

I wonder if its the same thing as 'reputation management?'

alyacarmen

Postby alyacarmen » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Everyone should look promotion who own the industry before their own site to get acquainted and more traffic to your business allows you more space to competitors and to increase overall profit. Theres enough money out there for anyone who wants to put in place, you no longer have to reduce the success of others to get yours.

ursimrankhanna

Postby ursimrankhanna » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Reverse SEO has become one of the most effective strategies for minimizing the impact of bad publicity within the search engines’ organic listings. It is an online reputation management (ORM) tool of SEO consultants who manage Online Reputation Management. Too often, companies become targets for negative press online. Angered customers start blogs to take businesses to task for grievances suffered, real or imagined. Dishonest competitors will often go to great lengths to distribute fraudulent reports online. The problem is that these blogs, pages, and reports can begin ranking well in Google and Yahoo.

lapunluyang

Postby lapunluyang » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Reverse SEO is the process of removing (technically
de-ranking) websites other than your own from the first pages of
Google.It is an online reputation management (ORM) tool of SEO consultants
who manage Online Reputation Management.

sandra.susan

Postby sandra.susan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 am

Can any one tell me what is reverse SEO clearly? I am waiting for your reply. I can't understand the concept.

Thanks in advance!

paulson

Postby paulson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:14 am

sandra.susan wrote:Can any one tell me what is reverse SEO clearly? I am waiting for your reply. I can't understand the concept.

Thanks in advance!

In simple words. Reverse SEO is a process of preventing any negative posts, reviews, press release or any bad publicity from appearing on the top pages of search results about a company or individual etc, by gradually pushing the bad publicity to the second, third,fourth and consecutive pages. It is a part of online reputation management.
Kavin Paulson / Internet Marketer
PSD to HTML Conversion

jenypat

Postby jenypat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 pm

These is one of the great information of reverse SEO. Investing SEO has become one of the most effective strategies to minimize the impact of bad publicity in the lists of organic search engines. This is an online reputation management (ORM) tool of SEO consultants that manage Online Reputation Management. Too often, companies become targets of negative press line. Angry customers are starting to take business blogs to the task of real or imagined grievances suffered.

uniqueseo

Postby uniqueseo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 pm

paulson wrote:
sandra.susan wrote:Can any one tell me what is reverse SEO clearly? I am waiting for your reply. I can't understand the concept.

Thanks in advance!

In simple words. Reverse SEO is a process of preventing any negative posts, reviews, press release or any bad publicity from appearing on the top pages of search results about a company or individual etc, by gradually pushing the bad publicity to the second, third,fourth and consecutive pages. It is a part of online reputation management.

Explained well and simple.

geekshonors

Postby geekshonors » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:34 am

Reverse SEO is a method, support on the simple verify that there is a subsequent way of getting on top of the Google search results, mounting your own rank.

rmartin345

Postby rmartin345 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Reverse SEO is the process of removing sites other than your own from the search result.Reverse SEO is the technique that helps to improve own site's ranking and decrease the competitor's ranking.To do this one has to do huge spamming of the competitor's site with lot of links to other sites.So Google thinks that this site is trying get ranked by huge spamming and so the site gets penalty and disappear from the search engines completely.

skyhighlnkr

Postby skyhighlnkr » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm

In simple words, SEO is you are trying to climb up to the top of Search Engines
While

Reverse SEO is you will be pulled down by your reputation through negative reviews for example.

This explains that it is not EASY to be on top..

animalsmile

Postby animalsmile » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 pm

I heard an expert guy before about his way of not optimizing his client site but building negative things against his the site's competitors... I'm sure Google already has detection regarding this unethical deed.
Dog Beds on Sale full selection of pet beds at reasonable prices, free shipping & special discounts.

saviourdlima

Postby saviourdlima » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Reverse SEO is a admired procedure used by webmasters to reduce the unhelpful links in the search engine result page. It reinstates online reputations.

anriqueroy

Postby anriqueroy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Reverse SEO is the process of eliminating (technical grade) to other sites as yours from the first pages of Google. SEO now reversed days using one of the most effective strategies to minimize the consequences of bad publicity in the search engine organic listings. Reverse SEO is a tool for managing online reputation for SEO consultants, who administers the Online Reputation Management.

Return to “SEO Forum”