Google vs Facebook

Discuss all aspects of Social Media Marketing, including Social Bookmarking, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Youtube, Linkedin, Digg and others.
infoway

Google vs Facebook

Postby infoway » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:46 am

As we all know both are the giants in realm of the web but in two different way. Google is the biggest SE while FB is the biggest Social Networking sites. There are more than 500 million user in FB. And more that 5 billion min. time is spent on FB per months. Simultaneously people is leaning towards facebook ads. The question is that will facebook ads beat Google adwords? Will Google let FB dominate like this? The rumor is that Google is coming up with new Social networking site 'Google me'. Share your thought on this.

dee_el07

Re: Google vs Facebook

Postby dee_el07 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:51 pm

That's really a good question! I also wonder about it..

In my opinion, Google is still rocking the traffic of adwords because I believed that people who's visiting on facebook are just busy checking the updates of their friends. And most of facebook user's are not focus in any advertisement of facebook.
:)

xannonwashington

Postby xannonwashington » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:59 am

If you want to sell web hosting, you fan the pages of technology or software can target.

When a Facebook user only engaged, they were targeted with ads for wedding photography is changing her marital status.

If you're a fan of vBulletin on Facebook, you with web hosting or vBulletin Add-ons can be targeted.

Facebook users, while Google focused on which Facebook users are in the surf can target users based on the website.

Data mining analytics code to the Facebook Connect by Facebook users can start surfing habits.

probafix

Postby probafix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:50 am

I don't know why people compare Google and facebook, both are totally different.
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

Viresh

Postby Viresh » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 pm

It's an individual prospective about google and Facebook.I think google is more prompt when it comes to visitors.

almedajohnson

Postby almedajohnson » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

I think for ads Google is still best. Because FB will used by the people who are either interested in social networking or business marketing purpose. While Google will be used by all people around the world. And I have also heard about the new social networking site from Google. So looking forward to it.

GailEster

Postby GailEster » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Well, as you say both have different market, and they are just using the tools they have to keep their customers and attract new ones. I think they both have their oportunity, and it doesn't matter if facebook ads, have more power than google, because, first, you use google and then facebook, or viceversa, and they both can coexist in the same place.

In my business, we have adwords and facebook ads, and both of them have revenue, and they both produce. So in one place we engage customers, and in the other we sell them our products.

paulson

Postby paulson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 am

probafix wrote:I don't know why people compare Google and facebook, both are totally different.

Yes, The comparison itself is illogical. Facebook is a social network which attracts different kind of visitors, whereas Google is a search engine, whose purpose is totally different and is huge in terms of its use and purpose and people even compare Google Ads with face book ads. Face book ads can be effective but can never be an alternate.
Kavin Paulson / Internet Marketer
PSD to HTML Conversion

kemytone

Postby kemytone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 pm

In my business, we have adwords and facebook ads, and both of them have revenue, and they both produce. So in one place we engage customers, and in the other we sell them our products. These all are great to know about it.

gelan

Postby gelan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:59 am

I don't know why people compare Google and facebook, both are totally different!

rypher21

Postby rypher21 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 am

gelan wrote:I don't know why people compare Google and facebook, both are totally different!

agreed, they function differently..they somewhat have same crowd yet the usage is 2 different thing

jeffjohnson

Postby jeffjohnson » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 am

Facebook Marketing is much cheaper than google adwords so this may be the cause that several people for facebook ads rather than google adwords..but still facebook services is restricted to particular things such as networking and marketing but google has diversified fields and you really cant say that facebook will overtake google..

hbari58

Postby hbari58 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Primetime Entertainment: An Entertainment solutions for your next corporate or work function.
Live bands, corporate DJ’s, speakers. Great service, right advice the first time.

michaljohn

Postby michaljohn » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:35 am

Google’s new system is both more detailed and more aggressively monetized: it involves serving product reviews anytime a Google result shows you something you can buy. Unlike Facebook’s Like system, Google’s doesn’t have a social aspect; it serves product reviews from strangers who’ve rated those products on other big retail sites.

bardmirna

Postby bardmirna » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:39 am

Google still leading based on the services they have. People are always looking for more informations about that particular thing. Google can provide the possible answers, if not, the exact answers. Facebook is really rising but that all depends on the users. Its users are not all genuine, some are fake having fake accounts in google for their own business promotions.

Return to “Social Media Marketing”