Google vs Facebook

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
infoway

Google vs Facebook

Postby infoway » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 am

As we all know both are the giants in realm of the web but in two different way. Google is the biggest SE while FB is the biggest Social Networking sites. There are more than 500 million user in FB. And more that 5 billion min. time is spent on FB per months. Simultaneously people is leaning towards facebook ads. The question is that will facebook ads beat Google adwords? Will Google let FB dominate like this? The rumor is that Google is coming up with new Social networking site 'Google me'. Share your thought on this.

kevenlee

Re: Google vs Facebook

Postby kevenlee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:57 am

Its true that Facebook getting great fame and users as well. Google Adword is different from the Facebook. Many people apply fro the Google Adsense and then they got the Google ads, meaning is that Google has control not only Google website but also millions of website which are exist on the WWW. If you want to advertise on Google and on its partner sites then your ad will shown on every website which has Google Adsense but in the Facebook you can only advertisement on the Facebook only not on other sites.

That is true that Google working on "Google Me" which may be introduced soon this website is very similar to facebook means this also a Social networking website. It has great feature which can beat Facebook but we can know about this when Google official announced.

jackson86

Postby jackson86 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:23 am

what’s great about Facebook advertising is that you can target keywords or demographics much better. This is because users have to be logged in to see Facebook ads, so you can be sure that your ads are only shown to only the people with profiles that contain your targeted keywords or demographics.

Josefinarguello

Postby Josefinarguello » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:19 am

I don't see this being a problem for Google Me at all. They have the money to sell advertising space for less on Google Me. They are recruiting big name Social Apps companies. Watch for Social Application makers to produce new applications that are unique to Google Me. This should pull around 50 million users into Google Me's waiting arms. The same scenario already played out once with Myspace. The Myspace Social application players left to play on Facebook so that they could compete on a "virgin" platform where they didn't have to spend 1000's of dollars to be at the top of the Social Application food chain.

Google Me also will do the same as Facebook did from the start and not charge Social Application Developers the 30% surcharge that Facebook charges. Social Applications will swing the scales in Google Me's direction. The only question is not "if", but "when" Google me will be the #1 Social Network.

Since Social Applications make up about 30 to 50% of why people log on daily. When Google Me has unique games that cant be found on other Social Networks. This will give them the ultimate leverage. You will see Social Developers also switching from PayPal to Google Check out. This bringing in even more revenue.

Google has done a really good job of making sure that not only will they be number 1. They have sealed the deal on a total monopoly. They will own search engines, social networks, and how people pay for products online using Google Check out.

The Social Application Developers had seen that not only had Facebook users peaked, but most Social Application Developers were losing more users per month than they were bringing in. This will safe the jobs of many in the Social Application Developers companies. This will be a boost of new life to them. They will have fresh clients, spenders, and new games to produce.

The days of Facebook being #1 will stay that way for 1 to 3 years, but in the end Google will take them on. They will have lower advertising, more perks for Social Application Developers, and will create new and innovative features to make Facebook become what Myspace is now. I will go out on a limb and say that Google Me will have 100,000,000+ users at the end of the first year.

Josefina Argüello - Posicionamiento en Google

robertd

Postby robertd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Knowing Google, they will probably try to surpass what Facebook offers if they happen to develop a social networking site of their own. Let's just say if they do, this is going to be one of the most interesting things to happen on the world wide web.
Leave it to us; we have the right people and tools for the job. Visit our website and get to know more about SEO outsource link building

stocktradingzen

Google vs Facebook

Postby stocktradingzen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Facebook can knock out Google. It will happen one day :roll:
---------------------
Stock Trading System

ursimrankhanna

Postby ursimrankhanna » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi,
face book is social networking site and Google is a search engine. so there is no comparison between them.

rogjack

Postby rogjack » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Here all these information are really great. As per my point of view the best to use is google adword it is really very different from the face book for these there are so many social application developers can be there for these there are so many advance features are available it into them.

probafix

Postby probafix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:31 am

Both are totally different Google is a best search engine in the world, where as facebook is one of the best social networking site.
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Top 20 Websites - http://www.hitwise.com/us/datacenter...ard-10133.html

Facebook is the number one most visited website. Now I wonder, what will happen if facebook will launch their own search engine? For sure it would be interesting. :wink:

robertd

Postby robertd » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:00 am

dee_el07 wrote:Top 20 Websites - http://www.hitwise.com/us/datacenter...ard-10133.html

Facebook is the number one most visited website. Now I wonder, what will happen if facebook will launch their own search engine? For sure it would be interesting. :wink:

That would be interesting indeed. Facebook's search algorithm might just be focused on finding people on their site but their search feature is one of the best around. Google on the other hand is focused on search alone, and the way they are indexing relevant and credible stuff from the internet, it would be a big challenge for the Social networking site to beat the search engine giant. All we could do is wait until such things happen.
Leave it to us; we have the right people and tools for the job. Visit our website and get to know more about SEO outsource link building

spamblocker

Google vs Facebook

Postby spamblocker » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Facebook can never ever be just like google even.
---------------------
Free Spam Blocker

saviourdlima

Postby saviourdlima » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:24 pm

In my opinion Google is the best search engine as compare to other. Google can provide us to lots of services. In other hand facebook is the best social networking sites. These both are useful for getting traffic of your site..

probafix

Postby probafix » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:02 am

kevenlee wrote:Its true that Facebook getting great fame and users as well. Google Adword is different from the Facebook. Many people apply fro the Google Adsense and then they got the Google ads, meaning is that Google has control not only Google website but also millions of website which are exist on the WWW. If you want to advertise on Google and on its partner sites then your ad will shown on every website which has Google Adsense but in the Facebook you can only advertisement on the Facebook only not on other sites.

That is true that Google working on "Google Me" which may be introduced soon this website is very similar to facebook means this also a Social networking website. It has great feature which can beat Facebook but we can know about this when Google official announced.

I agree with it..
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

deniborin

Postby deniborin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:08 am

google will lead forever :)
The Study of Media, Business, Politics and Culture -> Goyang Karawang

Return to “SEO Forum”