Too Many Back Links?

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
Marissa

Too Many Back Links?

Post by Marissa »

I was wondering something. What happens if you start out as the only outbound back link on a PR 5 site, and then 20 other people put back links on that same page? Does it ruin your back link or make it less useful?

If so, why would people bother sharing do-follow back link sites if it hurts their own back links?
Lose weight and flatten your post pregnancy tummy by getting fit again!

kiki123

Re: Too Many Back Links?

Post by kiki123 »

I have no idea.
----------
nfl jerseys

lukestarks

Post by lukestarks »

Did you mean that a PR5 site links to your website? If that's what you mean here's what I think:
Let's say we have (1) website and (5) links. The website divides link juice and authority to those five links equally. But what if one link isn't dofollow? The value of that link is still the same as long as the number of links aren't affected. If somehow the number of links increased then the value should be adjusted to make it equal.

So I think it does somehow affect your link by a certain percentage.

romi2

Post by romi2 »

i think too many backlink it's good for our site...

Tungsten Wedding Bands

jackyrog

Post by jackyrog »

The back links affects the chance of marketing the site but it still works as a good way of advertising in the community forums. I think that people pay attention to the the link coping with their interests.

dunleyclifford

Post by dunleyclifford »

egvoices wrote:Too many back links affects the chance of marketing the site but it still works as a good way of advertising in the community forums. I think that people pay attention to the the link coping with their interests.
Relevant links can give you good ranking results. Backlinks, on the other hand, are useless if most of them are from unauthorized websites. with .info or .cc extensions. These kinds of links hurt your site's reputation because most of them are spam websites.
Up to date web development technologies plus expert web design - DBGTechnologies.com.au

infoman66

Post by infoman66 »

If you stay on the 20 links, you still have good back link. Not so much worth as it is only from the site, but relevant.

ebworld

Post by ebworld »

it is good to get as many links but all should be from related websites.

Webdesign Company Australia |

myndconsulting
Location: Unit 5, G/F, Landco Corporate Center, Bajada, Davao City, Philippines

Post by myndconsulting »

having too many link is good to your site as long as it is related to your niche.