What is difference between Seo and PPC

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
jackcalara

What is difference between Seo and PPC

Postby jackcalara » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:20 am

you can do seo in free of cost. For PPC you need expend some money.

DianeB

Re: What is difference between Seo and PPC

Postby DianeB » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Welcome to the forum... I'm new here as well, but not new to internet marketing. SEO is when you do certain things on your website that the search engines can understand, like... adding relative keywords, good title tags, description, alt image description and so on.

PPC is where you almost spend your life savings trying to get seen by your targent audience. You pay everytime someone clicks on an add created by you through Google Adwords.

**Warning** Don't mess around with Google Adwords (PPC) if you haven't done your research... you'll loose a lot of money that way.

**TIP** Optimize your website with search engine optimization techniques.:)
Make A Website, the beginners guide & Free Web Hosting!

bloomtools

Postby bloomtools » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Both SEO and PPC are techniques that use to bring more traffic on your website. PPC is like traditional advertising you should pay for specific keyword that you want to show in search engine, while SEO more like a public relation you should not pay for keywords but you should work on it by using specific techniques and strategies.

patriklko

Postby patriklko » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:41 am

SEO - Search Engine Optimisation
PPC - Pay Per Click

Both the above terms are used for website promotion the difference is SEO is free website promotion and PPC is paid Website promotion...

andii82

Postby andii82 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Interesting question, :)

According me seo is long process of internet marketing. In this method you need to spent time for optimization and for analyze your work. In seo you will get the traffic very slowly but this is for long period. Once your site get popular then definitely you will get traffic for longer period of time without paying any money. I have time and that's why i spent my time for seo because this is long as well as very interesting method of internet marketing. :P

PPC is that kind of marketing where you need to pay to other site who are doing advertisement of your product and your site. From that advertisement you will get traffic but this is for short period method. In this method you can get the instant traffic but when you remove your ad from other site your traffic will go down. :shock:

As per my view SEO is one of the best method for internet marketing. What you think :?: :roll:

rashidrayenz

Postby rashidrayenz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:32 am

Pay-per-click marketing is more like traditional advertising - search engine listings for specific keyword phrases are shown in pay. But unlike traditional media, you do not pay for impressions, you only pay when someone actually clicks on your ad - hence the term "Pay Per Click." When you purchase a keyword 'to create your listing in Google results shown in the right panel. Also known as paid listings or sponsored links, but as pay per click advertising (PPC) SEM industry is known.

Organic Search Engine Optimization - SEO or to lose - is more like public relations. Your site for 'propaganda' do not buy, you work for it by undertaking specific techniques and strategies can be. Generally, these activities make changes to your website and increasing the quality and the keyword phrases for your website, including targeted include the number of incoming links. When you conduct SEO, your site listed in Google results unpaid or organic listings are trying to.

PPC is a part of SEO.

steve123

Postby steve123 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:28 am

Hi, i have listen a lot about the SEO and PPC.what is the major difference among them.please suggest me more about it.

seolyka2

Postby seolyka2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 pm

In SEO, it takes time to rank and get organic traffic. In PPC, you can achieve fast results in getting traffic.

IntegratedS

Postby IntegratedS » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:56 am

SEO = organic traffic from search engines
PPC = Paid Traffic
Some site who wants to boost their ranking use both on their internet marketing campaign. If you have a budget, play with PPC, SEO on the other side is for longer term and receive more real visitors of your niche.

jameswilliam

Postby jameswilliam » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:20 am

Well, SEO stands as Search Engine Optimization while PPC stands as Pay Per Click. Another thing is that SEO is the assure and long term strategy while PPC gives an effective result in short time.

shrikrishnatech

Postby shrikrishnatech » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:43 pm

I’ve given my take on the pluses and minuses of both SEO and PPC, what’s the verdict? Is SEO a better option for businesses or is PPC the way to go? Frankly, there is no right or wrong choice here. When it comes to traffic and lead generation, I like to use both SEO and PPC for client websites. That’s because both SEO and PPC have their own distinct advantages. They complement one another and when used together can create a powerful SEM/ROI channel.

zoltancorleone

Postby zoltancorleone » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:18 am

The most obvious difference is the price that comes with these two techniques. Click the PPC sends your way you are paying for, while SEO is free for the clicking. SEO for your most lucrative search terms are getting on top of the tree requires hard work. The same search terms for PPC getting on top of the tree need money (so much competition for that particular search term is up) and work. Both PPC and SEO keywords research work hard so you need to buy the search term (PPC) for the words to know and Optimization (SEO). Search term or group (PPC) and the various HTML per various creative your (SEO), site of both the need for coding for each page is written to entice customers. SEO Title tags added complexity that in mind as well as search engines should be written with.

princekay4

Postby princekay4 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:35 am

SEO is Search Engine Optimisation. This in my simple understanding means writing text or words that are optimised to come out on the first page of a search engine when someone types in a search. PPC is pay per click marketing where you pay google or whatever search engine a sum of money and they deduct it everytime someone clicks on your link.

Return to “SEO Forum”