Meta Tags

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
Paul240480

Meta Tags

Post by Paul240480 »

Hi.
On Monday, I stupidly deleted all my meta-tags in my blog (blogspot).
I had a bit of a 'nightmare' putting them back in place as I struggled to get blogspot to save them. Kept telling me they were incorrectly 'parsed'.

Anyway, I managed to 're-build' & got them saved. I then put it through the 'SE' analyzer & got a good result.

Anyway, this morning I've stumbled across this info' which dates back to Sept 09!

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... a-tag.html

Most likely common knowledge for many folks, but was news to me & thought it may be of interest :D

I'm leaving mine as they are, can't see any harm & I don't think I've 'abused' the system with my blog or my site.

virande

Re: Meta Tags

Post by virande »

I was very pleased to observe this web site. I wanted to thank you for this great ideas! ! I definitely enjoying every little piece of it.Thanks for pot this information..its very interesting to visit this websites..

Julin

Post by Julin »

How you manage to re build it please explain me also...

Paul240480

Post by Paul240480 »

Julin wrote:How you manage to re build it please explain me also...
Well, I lost the meta tags by simply 'updating my template' with a more modern one within blogspot.

When I saved a new template it did not save my meta-tags.

I googled this: head author meta tags in blogspot & then used one (sorry can't remember which) of them to copy into my blog html & then added 'new' description & keywords & author info & so on.

Then put it through the analyzer & all was good again :D

IT Staffing

Post by IT Staffing »

Thanks for the valuable information.

Paul240480

Post by Paul240480 »

full house wrote:you can see your previous meta tags by looking at it cached page get the source code then copy it and put it back to your blog.
Now that would have been much easier :roll: Might use that idea though, cos it is not showing as verified with google anymore. Depsite generating a new verification code, still nothing.

Gonna try that methinks :mrgreen:

Paul240480

Post by Paul240480 »

No, no joy on viewing older versions. All I could find archived was either either dates before my blog was created or before I'd verified it :roll:

Is there a way of viewing it how it was say, 4 weeks ago?

sanjibeceltic

Post by sanjibeceltic »

Meta tag is really important for a website and also for SEO.

http://www.thebodyholiday.com/wellness- ... treatments

Paul240480

Post by Paul240480 »

Right, sorted how to see a recently cached view :D

Simply drop down on the page rank button in google toolbar & select 'cached snapshot of page' :D

joseptilden

Post by joseptilden »

Meta tags is really very important for the SEO. On Page Optimization how important it is in ranking your site in google search engine the only thing in all these there are so many things which is great.

charmmarkin

Post by charmmarkin »

Meta tag in HTML is not a required tag when you create your Web pages, many pages do not use the keyword at all, and I must admit I have not used it on my site, if I put this page in the demonstration. To put it briefly, the meta tag used by search engines to help them better index your site in their index.

mikesonu

Post by mikesonu »

Great man you have done it.

Karan Singh

Post by Karan Singh »

If you managed to rebuild that than its good, and thanks for sharing your experience here.

zoltancorleone

Post by zoltancorleone »

Keyword metatag is used by many internal search system. Refer to the Google search tool, but many scripts and other search systems, use the keyword tag. So, its important to populate this. I failed once and for all be added later as it was necessary for the purposes of non-search engine.

Paul240480

Post by Paul240480 »

Thank you for the offer :)

But I'm kind of enjoying doing & learning myself :D My site is already on page one on Google & most other major search engines. Client feed back is that 95% have found my site by just searching the web. Bookings for this year are well ahead of any other year so far 8)

Thanks again.