Facebook VS Google?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Jodesa

Facebook VS Google?

Postby Jodesa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:54 pm

I don't know whether the competition is really possible but it have been fun. Anyhow, here are some point to consider; Facebook, is very, very personal. It is for friends, family and no business. While Google, I use for business. I use it to search, share, find and take action.

I also think it is important to be clear on something. Google was not in any way founded on being a social network. Google’s core competency is a search, they are in our lives in so many different ways and I am not so sure that is going to change.

Facebook on the other hand, I would expect to be the Social Masters, because from day one, that is who they have always been, it is their core competency. If Facebook was not ahead of the game in social, right now, then I would seriously wonder why.

Google still has more money, no debt, and more credit than any company could possibly want or imagine. FB is not so lucky on that front, although they are heading in the right direction, since they hit that infamous 500 Million Mark. But how many users does Google have??

Google owns Android, YouTube and many other small and not so small companies. Google has acquired more than 88 companies in the last 10 years. They are NOT going anywhere. I honestly do not see FB replacing Google as a search engine. Not in mainstream America anyway.

My final say, I just love competition

ventrillo

VladTepes

Re: Facebook VS Google?

Postby VladTepes » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 pm

I don't think Google and Facebook will be in direct competition this coming year or two, they serve different kind of people and different services. Even FB launches their own search engine, people would still prefer Google. The same on if Google try another social site, FB is already established.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

telltimmy

Postby telltimmy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 am

They both have different purposes and target users. Google is for search purpose while Facebook is a social network service and website.

mariasabio123

Postby mariasabio123 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Facebook is a social site and Google is a search engine, they don't have any VS term for each other.

yinji

Postby yinji » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

there are different and great now

Jonjacob

Postby Jonjacob » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:30 am

Facebook is not much that useful like Google, what is special in facebook just a network site and now we can promote our business through. Google is far away from that

cfoo

Postby cfoo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:47 am

Facebook is facebook, google is google.

autowasherads
Location: 1138 County Road 1032, Mountain Home, Arkansas, USA 72653

Postby autowasherads » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:35 am

But have you ever imagined why the question has come up right now? Why not that came 2 to 3 yrs ago? It shows there is something wrong there with Google or there is something very good there with FB. Anyway I think Google should be aware of Facebook and its rapid progress. And should not try to interfere in social bzness.

YooHee

Postby YooHee » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 am

what's the competition here?? a search engine vs a social networking site... come on guys!!
All you need to know about you Social Security Card

Intesols

Postby Intesols » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 pm

I don't know the compition is possible or not...But I think definately google is better than FB. FB is just social neyworkig site and google is search engine. You can get Temporary traffic from it. But Google gives you origanic results.

lina4u

Postby lina4u » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 am

I think both are great at their own place!

yakson

Postby yakson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:42 am

I am with you on this subject, while Facebook save young terretory ICQ and MSN come to the end users, Google has a lot to them. Personally, I think Google is on top of it.

mithunsingh

Postby mithunsingh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:46 am

Facebook Alexa rank is no.2..

I went to Facebook, grabbed his new number there and I even made the call right from the Facebook iPhone app.

bobkerry

Postby bobkerry » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:43 am

think facebook is a social netwroking site whereas google is the search engine. Both are perfecta nd best at their own places and gaining huge profits too. Competition is still there but the purpose of both sites is totally different

nchrist

Postby nchrist » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 am

Facebook and google are two different thing. A social networking site and a search engine shouldn't be compared.

Return to “Google”