Panda update of google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
cmadison30

Panda update of google

Post by cmadison30 »

The 'Panda Update' of google has been live last February 24, 2011. And it affected 12% of backlinks and traffic of many sites. Google said that they have made this update to remove or reduce rankings of low quality sites from the top of google's results page and to boost those high quality sites. What can you say about the Panda Update of google?

VladTepes

Re: Panda update of google

Post by VladTepes »

I see lots of complains regarding this update, I just don't know the quality of their site but surely it is a great move for Google to filter out crappy sites on serp.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

ZamAnthony

Post by ZamAnthony »

VladTepes wrote:I see lots of complains regarding this update, I just don't know the quality of their site but surely it is a great move for Google to filter out crappy sites on serp.

Well, I think the Panda has affected lots of sites. Like for instance ezinearticle which is an top article directory site. And also with prnewswire which is press release site. The update main goal is the 'content farm' issue, to remove and reduce low and poor quality sites from their top results.

Sontribled1960

Post by Sontribled1960 »

Along with your content, promoting or submitting your links to related sites.