Why do i have no google backlinks

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
bgpavers

Why do i have no google backlinks

Postby bgpavers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:58 am

Hi

I am trying to build links for http://www.bgp-group.co.uk and have been trying to do it by submitting to search engines about 4 months ago. I am using trafic travis to show me my current number of backlinks but according to this program I have around 200 in yahoo and 0 in google. What can i do to increase my number of google backlinks for free?

Thanks

mulberry022

Re: Why do i have no google backlinks

Postby mulberry022 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:21 pm

you can try to see if it have yahoo backlinks
Owning Mulberry Bags is a way to show your fashionable.

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

rbies wrote:Hi,

I just asked the same question the other day. At the time, I had over 100+ inbound links and only 14 links recognized by Google but over 300 with Yahoo (counting multiple links).

Here is the response to my post:

The reason Yahoo reports more incoming links than Google is simply because Yahoo is showing you links that are both 'nofollow' & 'dofollow', whereas Google will only show the 'dofollow' links, as they consider those the only ones worth reporting.

Google know they're there, but they just ignore them.

The same goes for Page Rank. If the links pointing to your site are 'nofollow' (And almost all Blog & Forum posts are), then your site will get no Page Rank 'juice'.

But even if the links are 'dofollow' but the page (not site) they are linking from is PR0, then again, no PR juice.

One-way high PR 'dofollow' links are the 'creme de la creme' of links. Site related is the best of course, but any high PR 'dofollow' link is worth a thousand PR0 or 'nofollow' links.

FUnny thing on your reply, you just got registered yesterday and just only got 1 post
Thanks[/quote]rbies

bgpavers wrote:Hi

I am trying to build links for [url][/url] and have been trying to do it by submitting to search engines about 4 months ago. I am using trafic travis to show me my current number of backlinks but according to this program I have around 200 in yahoo and 0 in google. What can i do to increase my number of google backlinks for free?

Make sure the very pages where you submit your site is cached and indexed by Google.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

jonnyhardbaked

Postby jonnyhardbaked » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Google is very sensitive when it comes to quality of the backlinks. That's why out of 1000 backlinks that you've seen from yahoo, maybe it will only show 10 from Google.

snagerries

Postby snagerries » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:03 am

You need to do lots of forum and blog postings along with posting high quality content in your blog.

mickey619

Postby mickey619 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Yahoo is good at counting backlinks but Google crawls and index hardly a small amount of links

john jake

Postby john jake » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:11 am

alexa ranking is not important at all. if you want to improve your alexa ranking, install alexa toolbar and set your site as your homepage, ask few of your friend do the same and you definately will get better ranking within a month
czh20110418 :lol:

bgpavers

Postby bgpavers » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:07 am

Can anyone give me a few good forums or blogs i can post to that will give dofollow links?

anaamine

Postby anaamine » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:40 pm

rbies wrote:Hi,

I just asked the same question the other day. At the time, I had over 100+ inbound links and only 14 links recognized by Google but over 300 with Yahoo (counting multiple links).

Here is the response to my post:

The reason Yahoo reports more incoming links than Google is simply because Yahoo is showing you links that are both 'nofollow' & 'dofollow', whereas Google will only show the 'dofollow' links, as they consider those the only ones worth reporting.

Google know they're there, but they just ignore them.

The same goes for Page Rank. If the links pointing to your site are 'nofollow' (And almost all Blog & Forum posts are), then your site will get no Page Rank 'juice'.

But even if the links are 'dofollow' but the page (not site) they are linking from is PR0, then again, no PR juice.

One-way high PR 'dofollow' links are the 'creme de la creme' of links. Site related is the best of course, but any high PR 'dofollow' link is worth a thousand PR0 or 'nofollow' links.

thank you you have reason.

aa147

Microsoft Office 2010

Postby aa147 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 pm

There were Office 2010 some improvements that

cfoo

Postby cfoo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:10 am

Try checking using google webmasters tool, you may see the real backlinks to your site.

anaamine

Postby anaamine » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 am

thank you

humzayunas

Postby humzayunas » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:11 am

Check you links in the webmaster tools It will tell you the original backlinks
PR 5 dofollow Social bookmarking

amiyo cast

Postby amiyo cast » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:02 pm

For one reason why yahoo gives some number of your backlinks because it counts all backlinks whether it's a no-follow or do-ffollow links. Unlike with google that only counts the do-follow one.

waiwa2

Postby waiwa2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:10 am

It takes time to show them, be patient!

Return to “Google”