Meta Title tag

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
Lazar

Meta Title tag

Post by Lazar »

Hi,

I've got a problem with duplicated meta title tag. Products name, price and model are added by default in the title of every product page. When I define meta title tag (it's usually the product name), I've got the duplicated terms. I'd like to remove prices and models from the title but don't know how because these terms are added automatically.

Regards

johnmatthew

Re: Meta Title tag

Post by johnmatthew »

I suppose your site is based on a CMS. Check the settings, i hope you will find the problem. Duplicate titles will confuse your visitors and thus could have a bad effect on your site traffic.
John Matthew
Zco Corporation
Mobile app developer
Zco.com

seoaustralia

Post by seoaustralia »

yes you definitely need to fix that - maybe you could just add a code after the product name: XC1, XV3 etc...

That will satisfy google. - Google doesn't like duplicate META tags.

fix it and re-submit a new sitemap to google asap.
The City Web Guide Network provides effective SEO services Australia-wide.

- FREE SEO Services in Sydney
- FREE Business Directory Sydney

We're also in Melbourne & Brisbane:

melbournewebguide.com.au
brisbanewebguide.com.au

lizatailor23

Post by lizatailor23 »

The meta tags are a very important part of the HTML code of your web page. They are read by the search engines but are not displayed as a part of your web page design. Usually they include a concise summary of the web page content and you should include your relevant keywords in them. Most meta tags are included within the 'header' code of a website. The most important tags are the title, description, keyword s and robot tags.

ZamAnthony

Post by ZamAnthony »

Well, I think you should check your on-page optimization. It would be better if you change your meta tags in each of your pages to not get your viewers confuse. Also, search engines still value the meta tags of your site.

VladTepes

Post by VladTepes »

All you can do is to edit them manually, there is big problem when you got thousands of pages with duplicate metas. Change the way or program of making meta tags for your pages..
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

Intesols

Post by Intesols »

From my point, Meta Title and Description is really imp for website. But it is not necessary to have different metas for all pages.

danviettravel

Post by danviettravel »

What happens with my page which has no page title? Is it bad for the site?

nisha

Post by nisha »

mate tag is 1st step in on page SEO

ujju

Post by ujju »

They are read by the search engines but are not displayed as a part of your web page design.

Van hire Edmonton

aarisindia

Post by aarisindia »

Thanks a lot guys for sharing this answer. This is exactly what i was looking for. These kind of posts would surely be helpful for SEO beginners. Keep posting!!!