In the URL are dashes good or bad?
-
izzy55
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 am
- Contact:
In the URL are dashes good or bad?
I've read conflicting information on whether it's better, in Google, to have:
www.DOMAIN-NAME.com/find-me.htm
or
www.DOMAINNAME.com/findme.htm
Any thoughts?
Is it viewed as SPAM?
Thank you.
www.DOMAIN-NAME.com/find-me.htm
or
www.DOMAINNAME.com/findme.htm
Any thoughts?
Is it viewed as SPAM?
Thank you.
-
AS-9
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:22 am
- Contact:
-
izzy55
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 am
- Contact:
-
wetdreams4u
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 am
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
I think
I think he means like my-website.com 2 words i think hes saying its better like this mywebsite.comizzy55 wrote:What do you mean "comes in two"?AS-9 wrote:Without dashes if the word is short and comes in two
I would have to agree its always better to keep it simple also try not to make a name sound like what you want what i mean and can't quite spit out is say you want the domain extreme.com but its taken so you try xtreme.com thats not good should try to use proper names as much as possible maybe go for myextreme.com something like that anyway i hope this post made sense I am a little tired been up all night
[url=http://www.wetdreamsexshop.com/]Adult Novelties[/url]
[url=http://www.adultlinkforum.com/]Adult and Mainstream Banner Ads[/url]
[url=http://www.adultlinkforum.com/]Adult and Mainstream Banner Ads[/url]
-
izzy55
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 am
- Contact:
Re: I think
Thank you.wetdreams4u wrote:I think he means like my-website.com 2 words i think hes saying its better like this mywebsite.comizzy55 wrote:What do you mean "comes in two"?AS-9 wrote:Without dashes if the word is short and comes in two
I would have to agree its always better to keep it simple also try not to make a name sound like what you want what i mean and can't quite spit out is say you want the domain extreme.com but its taken so you try xtreme.com thats not good should try to use proper names as much as possible maybe go for myextreme.com something like that anyway i hope this post made sense I am a little tired been up all night
![]()
-
sharon.gmc
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 pm
- Contact:
-
Henry Andersson
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:34 am
- Contact:
-
izzy55
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 am
- Contact:
-
goldtrader
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 am
- Location: USA
- Contact:
-
jijosunny
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 am
- Contact:
Re: In the URL are dashes good or bad?
Dashes are definitely better than Underscore and all. I recommend using it.
-
TowerSteel
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 am
- Contact:
Re: In the URL are dashes good or bad?
Some sites won't accept link to domain with dashes. So my experience is: it's better to use domains without dashes.
-
seo.gk123
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:00 am
- Contact:
Re: In the URL are dashes good or bad?
Many people trying to keep their URL as simple as they can.
It is good if we use whole string instead of dashes(-).
But still if your side have good content and quality then google will rank you higher.
It is good if we use whole string instead of dashes(-).
But still if your side have good content and quality then google will rank you higher.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 222 guests