Page rank is still important?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
ChiefLee
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 am
Location: Lawrence KS
Contact:

Post by ChiefLee »

ishie wrote:Google is giving less weight to pagerank nowadays than ever before. I personally think it's almost insignificant. PR is way too overrated.
Not just over rated. It's unimportant. The pagerank of your site has NOTHING to do with your SERPs.

linkmoko
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 am
Contact:

Page rank is still important?

Post by linkmoko »

Yes of course it is still important it determine a site of its authority though when it comes to ranking factors it doesn't matter anymore.

IntegratedS
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm
Location: India
Contact:

Post by IntegratedS »

Hello all,
Yes page rank is important according to me.... :)
IntegratedS

linkmoko
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 am
Contact:

Page rank is still important?

Post by linkmoko »

I think Google PR is still important because it determine that our site has a authority site to other site which has a low PR.

IntegratedS
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm
Location: India
Contact:

Post by IntegratedS »

I don't think Google will cancel the Page rank....Because this is the toughest part to get the high page rank..

probafix
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 am
Contact:

Post by probafix »

Page Rank is always important...
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

IntegratedS
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm
Location: India
Contact:

Post by IntegratedS »

No that is not possible because it has some standards that the website needs to maintain...

mdamin76
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: On Stage
Contact:

Post by mdamin76 »

Pagerank is one thing that makes google different from other search engines. I guess they'll not going to abolish it.

dee_el07
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:21 am
Contact:

Post by dee_el07 »

Of course it's important! It simply serves as your points or a good reputation to your website.

hamidhamid1985
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 am
Contact:

Post by hamidhamid1985 »

Pagerank is a name for ranking results. I mean all other search engines have such factors for ranking results, but google called it Pagerank.
I am sure no one can remove this factor from search engines because in this case they cant rank results.

probafix
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 am
Contact:

Post by probafix »

I have never heard that Google will cancel the page rank..PR is important for every website..
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

wuzhong
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:38 pm
Contact:

Post by wuzhong »

PR is still important for SERP. Esp when a new site gets PR for the first time, for most of the time you will find it will bring good SERP also.

denissharper
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:13 am
Contact:

Re: Page rank is still important?

Post by denissharper »

First of all...I don't think Google trying to do something Like this. And as you defined the site reputation will count on the Link Exchange then What are the thoughts about Blogs.

TowerSteel
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 am
Contact:

Re: Page rank is still important?

Post by TowerSteel »

I think it's still very important.

kae18
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:08 am
Contact:

Re: Page rank is still important?

Post by kae18 »

I think PR affects the relevance of your site and will affect your rankings, but I've seen some sites that are PR 0 but is still on the 3rd place, so I really don't know. :D
A huge collection of antiques collectibles

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 101 guests