I can't get google ranked at all

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Re: Duplication

Post by Paul64 »

peterko wrote:Hi Paul,

I see some improvements, at least I can't see title and keyword tags duplications. That will definitelly help you. But you still have <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> duplication. It might not be such important as the other tags, but you would rather clean them too.

And the most important part, I don't see you added some relevant text on your website that could be considerd by Google as relevant to your title, description and keywords. This is the first thing Google look when make decision whether to give your site the green light or not. I would also extend the number of words in your description and may be even a title, to give Google little more options to display your site.

Hope it will help.

Have a great day,
Peter
Thanks Peter,

Regarding the <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css">, I can't get rid of it. It says protected HTML in source file. Are there any other options to get it off? I use Netobjects Fusion.

When you talk of relevant text, do you mean anywhere on my site or just the homepage?

Thanks again, Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Relevant Text

Post by peterko »

Hi Paul,

When I say text relevant to your site title, description and keywords, I mean the text on every page should be relevant to the appropriate page title, description and keywords (if you want every page of your site to be indexed and have certain ranking at the search engines, then you should do it with every page. If you want some pages to be skipped from indexing, then you can skip those pages optimization).

Talking about your home page, which is your primary domain page, you should have your home page text to be relevant to your home page title, description and keywords. That is the way you can make some optimization of your home page.

Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Thanks Peter, that is a big help. I will have to work on the other pages now. I have noticed if i do a meta tag analysis from one of the web sites that perform this function that my page URL's are old ones. So when I change the name of the page, the old URL's are found. Why is that, and how do I change them?

Cheers, Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Hi Peter,

I have just managed to get rid of the <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> However, when searching popularity I have lost all my Yahoo recognised links. Why would that be.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Optimization

Post by peterko »

Hi Paul,

Those are good changes you made. But why did you leave "charset=iso-1251" and dropped "charset=iso-8859-1". Please read on internet about these charsets and see which one is more appropriate for you. I would rather leave <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> instead of "charset=iso-1251".

Also, if you want to help search engines visit your pages, it make a sence to put <meta name="robots" CONTENT="all, index, follow"> somewhere after your "keywords" meta tag. This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Talking about your home page optimization, you didn't add some relevant text on the page. When I see your the most used words within "title", "description" and "keyword" tags: they are the following:
tours, land, tour, rover, adventure,
and the following expressions: land rover, day tour, transylvania land, tours transylvania, unique tailor (that what search engines recognize in your home page), but all of the above mentioned words and expressions are not presented in your home page content as a text. So, search engines don't really count them no matter that you have them in your "title", "deascription" and " keyword" tags.


Now about,
However, when searching popularity I have lost all my Yahoo recognised links. Why would that be?
Sorry Paul, I didn't get your question. What do you mean by Yahoo recognised links? Please clarify it.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Thanks again Peter,

regarding the keywords and content, I tought I had changed the. Could you check again, just in case your check was made just before the changes made?

"charset=iso-1251" and dropped "charset=iso-8859-1". I didn't know that I had dropped this, but I do not know what it means anyway. I will try and find it on the web as you say

Thanks for the robots tag, i have included it.

Regarding Yahoo, I'm not very good with computer language, so I have added the link beloew for you to look at.
http://www.submitexpress.com/cgi-bin/li ... t=&back=-2

Again many thanks Peter.

Regards, Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Link Popularity

Post by peterko »

Hi Paul,

May be you changed something in your content, but I really didn't notice that. It still shows your major words you mentioned in "title", "description" and "keywords" tags, such as: tours, land, rover, adventure. These words never been mentioned in your content as text. If you think you mentioned them as image, then I would say it's not enough for the search engines. Search engines read only text as a text. Of course they can read your ALT tags in your images, it is good but that's definitelly not enough. If you want the search engines to rank your site, you have to use some text (not image text) in your content.

Talking about your site link popularity, now I understend what you mean.
Basically you are talking about the number of links to your domain URL from the other pages, that could be seen by the major Search Engines.

If you want to see which other pages are linked to you, then you can go to every search engine one by one (Google, Yahoo, MSN ..., and type the following in the search box of them: link:www.transylvania4x4tours.com
You will see not just the number of links seen by each particular search engine, but you will also see the webpages linked to your URL.

Hope it will help

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Incredibly useful Peter,

I thought the text in the image was what was required in the keywords. I will have a go at changing this when I get back from work.

Thanks also for the link information, that certainly makes sense.

Regards, Paul.
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

My pleasure

Post by peterko »

My pleasure, Paul

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Hi Peter I hope you are well.

It has been a couple of months now. I have added lots more content to my web site, I have put on a robot.txt and mapping of the site. Why can't I get ranked any higher than page three when I search for my site on google?

Cheers,

Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Google ranking

Post by peterko »

Hi Paul, hope you are doing well too.

Yes, I saw difference at your front page in terms of relevancy of your content to the "title", "description" and "keywords", but once again I didn't noticed enough text in your content that can really attract Google.
For example: here are the most popular words within your "title", "description" and "keywords" meta tags that recognized by search engines,
they are:

"transylvania" - 1 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 1 word in a body of your content.

"land" - 1 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 0 word in a body of your content

"tours" - 1 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 0 word in a body of your content

"rover" - 1 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 0 word in a body of your content

Then go less popular words because you didn't mentioned them in your "title", no matter you have them in your content:

"europe" - 0 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 1 word in a body of your content

"eastern" - 0 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 1 word in a body of your content

"heart" - 0 word in title, 1 word in descr,iption, 1 word in keywords, 1 word in a body of your content

"explore" - 0 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 1 word in a body of your content

"destinations" - 0 word in title, 1 word in description, 1 word in keywords, 1 word in a body of your content

First, search engines look at the 'title", then "description" and then "keywords", and of caurse CONTENT (some major SEs ignoring "keywords" meta tags because of their obuse by webmasters)

Based on the data above, I think you have to make your decision which of the words are the most important for you, and how popular are those words among the internet targeted visitors. Then you have to use them in your "title", "description" and "keywords" meta tags, and of caurse you have to put them in your content as TEXT, but not text within the image.

Another words you have to do some optimization of your, at least, home page.
I have added lots more content to my web site
You probably expect your visitors to find your home page, so you have to add some content to your home page first, because search engines ranking every page separatelly.

Search engines rank your web site (www.your_domain_name.com) based on your home page, they also calculate the number of back-links to your site from the others, looking at your home page which is the index page in your domain. So, your have to pay more attention to your home page.
Talking about back-links to your site, they are extrimily important for your site ranking, and at the same time improving your site search results. Those links are showing to the search engines how popular your website is.
I have put on a robot.txt and mapping of the site
First of all, why did you decide to use robot.txt file? Do you have any pages that you don't want the search engines to see and index?

The second, I was trying to look at your robot.txt file, but I couldn't find it. Where did you locate it? Usually it has to be at your root directory, so when I type "http://www.your_domain_name.com/robots.txt", then I should see the content of that file, but I don't. May be the same happen with your sitemap? Make sure you were doing it correctly.

Sorry for the long story, hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

A7
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:52 pm
Contact:

Post by A7 »

I think google ranks pages every 3 months.
http://www.geocana.com

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Thanks Peter,

Comprehensive answer as usual and I thank you for this and your time. Rearding the robots tag, it does appear in the analyser I use. Try this http://www.submitexpress.com/cgi-bin/analyzer/meta.pl
You are right about the words and tags. It took me so long to arrange my homepage so I am reluctant to change it. However, I think I am going to have to bight the bullet if I want to improve my ranking.

What about hidden text? I heard from someone that you can incorporate hidden text which will be seen by the google bot? Have you heard of this?

I am going to have a good look at your suggestions again now and see what changes I can make.

Many thanks again,

Regards, Paul.
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Google ranking

Post by peterko »

Hi Paul,

First, about robots.txt file.
Rearding the robots tag, it does appear in the analyser I use
I think, I should clarify it. It looks like you didn't find the difference between "robots" meta tag and robots.txt file.

Lets start with "robots" meta tag (probably, that's what you mean) - it is meta tag <meta name="robots" CONTENT="..."> This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Now robots.txt file - it's something different. That file is required only if you need to tell the spiders to ignore some of your webpages, then you put in there something like: Disallow: /some_of_your_directory/ or it could be some file you don't want the robots to see (you have to specify location).

In your previouse postings you mentioned both of this terms. So which one we are talking about?
What about hidden text? I heard from someone that you can incorporate hidden text which will be seen by the google bot?
Please, don't do that. Hidden text will do only worth to your site. Especially Google don't like such tricks, they are well known. May be they work for smaller search engines, but Google and Yahoo might punish your site and then it will take a long time to get back with a good ranking.

Try to avoid tricks. There are lots of friendly methods to raise website ranking.

Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Paul64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
Contact:

Post by Paul64 »

Thanks Peter,

I think I used the wrong terminology regarding the spider. Your first description on your last post aiding spiders is what I meant.

I understand your concerns about hidden text. I have changed the wording on my homepage to incorporate the keywords you mentioned. Does that work better in your opinion?

Regards,

Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 442 guests