How often does Google Index?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
martman
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:53 pm
Contact:

Post by martman »

hi everyone. I'm new to SEO and am currently building a website http://www.gamblinganon.blogspot.com

Can anyone please give me some advice on how I can optimize of improve my site. I have the passion for the subject I am writing about, I just lack the SEO know how.

lekkii
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm
Contact:

Post by lekkii »

Higher the PR, quicker will be your article index.

I think so with this opinion.
[url=http://geekgadgetspro.blogspot.com/]Geek Gadgets More Than Technology[/url]

bonciutoma
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Post by bonciutoma »

There are 2 things that determine how often the spider from Google visit your web site :
1. PR
2. how often is your web site updated

1. PR it's not that important and you can't rely on it to bring the spider to you; it's just an enhancer; PR it's build by the links from a web site with greater PR to yours; PR is updated by Google once every 3 or 4 months; for example if a web site with PR 5 links to you then you have a chance to have a PR of 4 or less; PR it's not that important in good search results placement

2. Google usually starts spidering your web site every 45 days and it shrinks that period of time if it sees that you've updated your web site. Updating your web site doesn't mean adding a new page : all your pages should receive an update somehow (to the use of a script to show your latest articles for example )

Hope that this answer your question.
[url=http://blog.tomabonciu.ro/]Small Business Web Services : Web Design, SEO, SMO Blogging[/url]

Copybuild
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:28 pm
Location: mbib.com
Contact:

Re: infocaTALYST.COM

Post by Copybuild »

sam wrote:hOW CAN I ATTRACT THE SPIDER

WWW.infocatalyst.com
The easiest and one of the fastest ways of getting spiders to your site is to make some posts on a forum (preferably a forum on the same subject as your site) and include a signature. In that signature have a link to your cloaked site. You should see spiders in 1-5 days doing it that way.
[url=http://www.mbib.com/][b]New Music[/b][/url]
[i]All about you and your music[/i]

core8284
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 am
Contact:

Post by core8284 »

Google automatically index your site/blog whenever we have a new/fresh content but we still need to submit it to different social bookmarking sites and article submission sites..

redblush

Post by redblush »

Ka-canor wrote:Today I think Google is really slow in terms of indexing site.
I've also notice that... If I'm not mistaken, it took 3 days before my site crawls..

acwebguru
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:16 am
Contact:

Re: How often does Google Index?

Post by acwebguru »

Anonymous wrote:How often does Google Index?
Google Indexing is done only once. Indexing means your site has been added in the database of Google. So then afterwards everytime you make an update in your website Google spider crawls your site and update its own database. This process is called caching.

Thanks :D
[Excessive URLs removed for spam. Post only 1 URL per post. Read our forum Terms & Policies. -ADMIN]

guruananth
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:11 am
Contact:

Post by guruananth »

it depends upon your PR

___________________________________________
Bulk SMS|kannada Songs

WebSEOsoftware.com
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:40 am
Location: Worldwide
Contact:

Post by WebSEOsoftware.com »

Hi,

It's nothing to do with pagerank, trust me, I know. As others have already rightly pointed out the frequency of Google spidering a website depends on how often the website is updated.

A site of pagerank 6 that has had static data on for 2 years (fairly unlikely I know, but for arguements sake) will not be spidered as often as a site that has been running for 6 months and is updated daily.

I have inside knowledge of how the SEs work, I also manage and provide consultancy on a large number of sites and know that this is definitely how it works.

Regards,

Paul.

damonebrice
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: How often does Google Index?

Post by damonebrice »

spider loves to crawl those who has a fresh and new contents..Every time you made some update to your site..

tipa1988
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: How often does Google Index?

Post by tipa1988 »

Google is constantly spidering the web and visits most websites about once a month.

ledlauzis
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: How often does Google Index?

Post by ledlauzis »

Does the indexing frequency only depend about the quantity of inbound hyperlinks? Or may be the content material somehow factored in too. Appears like some websites with info that's often updated, like blogs or news websites will be indexed much more often.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 723 guests