i have a forum is running on phpBB and MySQL. Apparently phpBB has some
issues and cannot be indexed by Google unless the dynamically generated URLs
are made to look like they are static. In other words: a URL like
/forum/topic=123?SID=230921-03921-03912-039 will not be indexed by google
because google will know the SID is a user session, and will not exist after
the user leaves the site. I applied a mod on phpBB to make URLs look static
for guest user (not logged in), GoogleBot (the indexer is a guest when it
crawls the site). I also applied some patches, but nothing worked although
it should. You can look at www.phpbb.com forums for more tips.
I was thinking of removing phpBB and installing php-Nuke that comes with a
phpBB as well. Because I want to make this a website+forums.
phpBB indexing problems by Google
-
Edgar
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm
- Location: Glendale, CA
- Contact:
-
thanhqui
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 pm
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 175 guests